Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

do you trust doctors?

do you trust your doctors ?

i dont, not anymore, so im taking matters into my own hands with dermarolling and relying on this board's help.

i think most doctors' priority is monetary and often avoid telling the truth, or lying by omission.

i know many people have great things to say about dr.chu, and he is the only dr who still does dermarolling, so im going to give dermarolling a try, or 10 tries,

i like to also know if anyone think dr.pickart of SB is reliable? of course, every drs are out to promote their own product, dr.pickart included, im still willing to give his product a try, but i cant help but to be skeptical because of his replies on this websites, according to him, CP serum is a cure-it-all topical for skin discoloration, redness, hyperpigmentation, scars, etc. two of my derms (whom i dont trust) both say retin-a is the best topical there is, scientifically proven.

perhaps these drs truly believe in what they believe, but shouldnt there be only one definite answer? for example...can post-inflammatory erythema and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation be permanent? majority of drs on realself claims that it will resolve with time and topical, also agrees that these are not permanent phenomenon, yet another so-called laser expert said it can be permanent...along with some drs on realself

i truly hope dr.pickart or dr.chu are not money-driven but only they know...

do you trust your dr?

Some doctors are full of shit and other doctors are genuinely really good. From my experience, I've been able to tell if the doc is going to be good or not from the first few minutes in the initial consultation. I've had doctors who hardly look at my scars and tell me oh they should be easy to fix with bla bla treatment and then the GENUINE doctors who put me on a medical bed, shine lights on my scars for several minutes touching them, pushign down on them, stretching them, asking me about all previous experiences with acne and cysts and any health problems Ive had and current medications and even when speaking to me, still firmly inspecting my skin like a hawk. They let me talk and are realistic with what they say and even encourage me to seek different medical opinions and to continually take pics of my skin to see the before and after on my own not just with the pics the doc takes.

The plastic surgeon I just saw told me that a trick some surgeons use is they show before pics of scars without much flash on the camera and take the after pics with bright flashing cameras and show future patients and blow their minds. He even showed me a few pics of before and after of his own patients and told me that in real life, their skin doesnt look as good and it's the flash that makes their skin look flawless pretty much.

Scar treatment is all about patience, sensible risk taking, downtime and money. Most of us only have a couple of them at one given time so scar imrpovement can take years and years and years.

god no - i rarely trust any doctors.

ive been to so many doctors now, that im more than willing to tell them to be quiet and listen to what i have to say (especially if im paying). ii also fight regularly with my GP who has a track record of poor service (all my friends think so too)..so i tell them specifically what i want, or put me through to another doctor..

if you offer the service, ill use you, if you dont - byeeeee. i also ask them specifically if they offer a particular service before i go to see them. otherwise im quite honest and will end a consultation very quickly. im getting to the point, that i may walk out of a consultation...

life is too short to be pushed around by people who dont have the same interest or knowledge in our skin as we do. i have a degree (not a medical one) and have been taught how to research. god i spend more time researching treatments than i do on my own studies.

if we want something and are well researched, we are very much in a position to choose our own treatments. any confident, well read doctor will support that.

the derm im going to use for my tca crosses is much like the above and i love her for it.

Edited by gimme gimme gimme

I can't comment on the doctor thing to much because I barely see doctors. I can say that some are just money hungry and lazy. I'd hope the doctor I'm going to visit soon is honest, but in these times EVERYONE is trying to get their money’s worth.

Not only doctors...but a lot of these products around for treating acne and acne scars are bit of a scam.... I been trying to look for a topical agent to help improve the VERY shallow acne scars I have, but everything just seems to be a buncha BULL! When I read the reviews they don’t sound like they are from a sincere and actual person who has gone through it. OMG and don't get me started on the before and after's... I have seen people use the same before and after photos for COMPLETELY different products. I think it all boils down to you. You should educate yourself about the things you’re looking into getting and the things that pertain to your skin and all that other medical junk. At least have enough knowledge to be able to understand what the doctor is telling you he's going to do or looking in to do BEFORE he/she does it so you won’t get screwed over. Be able to ask them questions as well.... If the doctor can't answer simple questions then get your shit and WALK OUTTA THERE... People are good at lying when all they see is green.... meh :doubt:

Edited by NekoMimi

i just went to the office where i had my laser done, and spoke w the nurse practitioner about my discoloration and they all claim that they dont see it...

that must be the joke of the century....

either my family and friend and i are imagining things or those people need glasses..or that's their way of avoiding responsibility, boy have i learned something new today

Edited by Guest

Some doctors are full of shit and other doctors are genuinely really good. From my experience, I've been able to tell if the doc is going to be good or not from the first few minutes in the initial consultation. I've had doctors who hardly look at my scars and tell me oh they should be easy to fix with bla bla treatment and then the GENUINE doctors who put me on a medical bed, shine lights on my scars for several minutes touching them, pushign down on them, stretching them, asking me about all previous experiences with acne and cysts and any health problems Ive had and current medications and even when speaking to me, still firmly inspecting my skin like a hawk. They let me talk and are realistic with what they say and even encourage me to seek different medical opinions and to continually take pics of my skin to see the before and after on my own not just with the pics the doc takes.

The plastic surgeon I just saw told me that a trick some surgeons use is they show before pics of scars without much flash on the camera and take the after pics with bright flashing cameras and show future patients and blow their minds. He even showed me a few pics of before and after of his own patients and told me that in real life, their skin doesnt look as good and it's the flash that makes their skin look flawless pretty much.

Scar treatment is all about patience, sensible risk taking, downtime and money. Most of us only have a couple of them at one given time so scar imrpovement can take years and years and years.

have you tried derma rolling?