Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JohnSmithlol

Help! sudden acne on chest

Just recently i've gotten the worst acne on my body it's on my back and my chest no where else, could this be an issue with horomones because my sex drive has been low also and i'm getting bloated all the time.

post-117124-1287102864_thumb.jpg

Will see the derm in 2 weeks, anyone know if this is normal because i've never had this and i'm 20 years old, it gets worse everyday this pic is 3 days old

What have you been eating?!?! Anything different? Are you on antibiotics? I need more information okay

Nothing different, i eat healthy. Not on antibiotics but i'm using Differin xp that my doctor gave me for facial acne. Could be possible low testosterone because my sex drive sucks now for the past month maybe i should go get a blood test. I go to the gym a lot and supplement with caffeine pills; are they okay?

No. Caffeine = acne; for most people. Some people have no trouble with caffeine but more do than don't. Have you just started those when you began having this trouble with acne? Caffeine can also lead to gastric upset because it kills off intestinal flora which promote regularity. I suggest you eliminate all caffeine from your diet and start supplementing with a good probiotic and/or eating plain, full-fat yogurt that has the live & active cultures seal on it. If you are lactose intolerant and you think probiotics are a waste of money, just eat more vegetables.

Edit: never mind the "how long have you been taking them", part because it could have taken time to have an effect. Either way I'd try eliminating them and see how you feel.

Edited by CheyCheyenne

Hi my name is Marilyn. Would anyone like to be on my website? It is a site about acne and an eBook product I am promoting that is a holistic approach to acne. I myself am healing my acne rosacea. I have my picture on my site. Need pictures of different types of facial acne or back acne so that I would have original pictures. Please contact me at [email protected] Thanks so much for your help and I understand the challenges of acne.

when you see the derm ask for tetracycline b/c body acnes so hard to treat with topicals I haven't had any side-effects with antibiotics except mild doo doo b/c you kill gut flora so eat yogurt and you should be fine.

I agree with Chey that you should check into what's going on internally, to keep you from breaking out. If you want to help treat what's there though, I find AHA to be great for back and chest acne.

Just recently i've gotten the worst acne on my body it's on my back and my chest no where else, could this be an issue with horomones because my sex drive has been low also and i'm getting bloated all the time.

Will see the derm in 2 weeks, anyone know if this is normal because i've never had this and i'm 20 years old, it gets worse everyday this pic is 3 days old

Looks like an acne breakout from too much working out. I came down with a horrible case of acne on my shoulders, chest and back when I was weight lifting 4-5 times a week. I cut back heavily and have seen an improvement like no other. You need to try cutting back like I did. I'm 24 and experienced these side effects when I was 22.

dude I had this before and after accutane cycle, but it not as bad post-accutane

cut the dairy/milk out, exercise less, and get rid of the stress in your life, you should see drastic improvements

it could also be mild depression too