Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Canada

What would be a good solution for this?

Hi, I have been off accutane since May now and may acne has cleared up pretty good, from where it use to be. I know get maybe 2-4 pimples but small ones, they usally form around my noise for some reason :sad: , but it still looks like my face is full of acne because of the red marks and the scars it has left, the scarring isnt to server but is noticable cry.gif . I was just woundering what options are out there, I know going on a 2nd dose of accutane will most likly get rid of my acne but I wanna get rid of the red marks and some scars. Now my doctor said they usally fade in a month but not happening. I've read about the tape and vinager method but don't wanna go to that, any options out there that could clear redmarks/scaring and make my face looken nice? sad.gif

Guest Tracy

U need to wait another 3 months or so before you attempt to tackle the scarring or redmarks or you could cause more scarring.

The reason you need to wait to try any of the stronger scar/red mark healing is because you have to give your skin time to get strong again after being on accutane.

You may want to try something that isn't too harsh like zinc oxide cream, but that is best to try to fade red spots, not whole big areas of the face.

Keep it gentle for a while, then you can try some topical peels and copper peptides.

I don't know how long you need to wait, you shoul search around the forum for people who have used accutane, they will have some experience for you.

Good luck.