Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jai

Cetaphil Cleanser.....

hey folks....So, I've been using Cetaphil religiously for at least 3 years with no problems - until recently. I have noticed that every time I use it, my face feels like it's burning! I don't use any cleansers that have acne medication in them because they make my acne worse, so I like to stick with something simple and gentle. Any suggestions on replacements?

Just a guess, but what type of moisturizer are you using? I thought my cleanser was irritating my skin for the longest time, but eventually found out that the Aveeno lotion I was applying contained alcohols (benzyl and cetyl) that were breaking down my skin barrier and leaving it susceptible to irritation from ANY topical that I applied. In other words, maybe some other product you are using is increasing your skin's sensitivity to what would otherwise be a mild product. (Actually, doesn't the Cetaphil Cleanser have Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate as an ingredient? That can, over time, cause irritation as well.)