Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acneisnotmyfriend

Exercising while on the regimen

So, I've just begun Dan's acne regime, and I am hoping that this will improve the condition of my skin once and for all. I am an active person, and I exercise at least 3 times a week. Is anyone on the regimen also exercises regularly? Does exercise cause breakouts while on the regimen? Do you wash your face after exercise, and apply the bp on after it again or do you just go au natural until you wash your face at night again? Any suggestions will help ;)

Exercising is great for your body. I wouldn't worry about that at all. Generally, I do most of my exercising in the evening and shortly thereafter shower. Hence, no worries. :dance:

I bike 20 miles a day, but I generally don't sweat much unless it's hot out. If I do sweat, I might dab some of the extra sweat off my face, but I only cleanse when I'm about to put on the regimen.

I exercise almost religiously, 5 times a week minimum. I have a tendency to sweat a lot, so being on the regimen created some initial problems.

The majority of these problems relates to the sweat itself, as it can dislodge some of the not-fully-absorbed-BP off your skin, and then things like swiping your brow will cause the BP to spread. I used to get this sweat-BP mixture to my eye area, and it caused very inconvenient irritation.

How did I get rid of it? Simple. Before I start exercising, I go to the toilet, and wash my hands with soap. Then I wash my face with plain water. As long as there's residual BP on the skin and you apply water on it, your skin will feel extremely slick and smooth and your fingers glide over the skin like on a sheet of ice. So just tap water on your face and gently swipe/rub the excess BP off. When the residual BP starts to decrease, the friction on the skin returns to normal and your fingers no longer glide on the skin.

When done, finish by taking a towel or some paper cloths and patting the water off. Works like a charm. And also feels quite refreshing =)

Edited by AKeshi

I second the above answers. It really depends on how much you sweat (based on the type of exercise you're doing). If you're going to sweat a lot and use the rinse method, you might want to add a thin layer of moisturizer after if your skin feels dry. Not everyone dries out from just water, but I know I do :rolleyes:

Good luck and keep up with the exercise. It's good for you, and what's good for you is good for your skin :]

Thanks for all your responses! I really appreciate it. I sweat alot, and I always have to take a shower after exercise. If I shower after exercise, then wouldn't I wash off all the BP and my skin will start to breakout again? I'm a little confused. Is the BP supposed to be on your skin 24 hours a day?

Thanks for all your responses! I really appreciate it. I sweat alot, and I always have to take a shower after exercise. If I shower after exercise, then wouldn't I wash off all the BP and my skin will start to breakout again? I'm a little confused. Is the BP supposed to be on your skin 24 hours a day?

You basically read my mind! I run 5-8 milles at least 5 times/week. I sweat a good bit when I run that far, even inside. My sweat must have been transporting the BP on my face and I would get these horrid-looking red, painful patches under my eyes. Gently rinsing your face before exercise will help, but like you, I'm never sure what to do after. Do I wash/apply BP/apply moisturizer again? Then I would be doing it 3 times/day! If possible, maybe you can exercise in the morning before you wash your face. That's what I have begun doing.

BP does NOT wash off during exercise, if you've applied BP in the morning and exercise in the evening by that time the BP would have completely absorbed in to your skin.

Common sense would be to exercise after work in the evening, shower, then cleanse your face as normal, applying the BP and moisturizer last thing before you go to bed.

Edited by Telekon