Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so i just went to my dermatologist today to ask whether i can get prescription for retin-a to help my red mark fade faster and he explained to me that what i was going through isnt hyperpigmentation but swollen blood vessel and that it would heal in time. the only procedure that can help is special laser treatment treating blood vessel.

meladerm or any skin lightener works on hyperpigmentation not to me and i just bought this expensive 70$ meladerm yesterday :(

he also said that going sun tanning is okay too twice-3 times a week to help disguise the red mark because i have pale skin and red marks are very visible to me.

however from what ive been reading its the total opposite since everybody is against tanning for red marks as they say it can become darker and harder to fade.

please advise.

tanning making red marks worse is true, but they just flare up for about 24 hours after the tan then they fade, in the end it makes them much less noticeable.

I like you, thought my red marks were hyperpigmentstion. This doesn't really make sense in the first place since pigment can only be shades of brown, not red... my derm said it was probably blood vessels also. Anyways I've had 2 v-beam treatments so far and am now seeing some results. Shaving with a blade makes them not flare up as bad and they look a bit lighter usually now... I'm going for more but I recommend you look into this. Tanning will help them blend but don't do it if you plan on getting v-beam cause it works better on pale skin...

I have red and brown marks and my GP said that the red marks will fade farely quickly, but the brown ones are brown because of the sun and will take much longer to fade.

I actually think it's kind of weird he told you to go tanning 3 times a week.. Aside from the red marks, what about wrinkles and skin cancer?

I like you, thought my red marks were hyperpigmentstion. This doesn't really make sense in the first place since pigment can only be shades of brown, not red... my derm said it was probably blood vessels also. Anyways I've had 2 v-beam treatments so far and am now seeing some results. Shaving with a blade makes them not flare up as bad and they look a bit lighter usually now... I'm going for more but I recommend you look into this. Tanning will help them blend but don't do it if you plan on getting v-beam cause it works better on pale skin...

hey so what is v beam is that laser treatment? does it hurt? yes im planning on laser because i cant handle it anymore. its affecting me both physically and emotionally. so how did the v beam go? are you redness-free now? advise pls

I have red and brown marks and my GP said that the red marks will fade farely quickly, but the brown ones are brown because of the sun and will take much longer to fade.

I actually think it's kind of weird he told you to go tanning 3 times a week.. Aside from the red marks, what about wrinkles and skin cancer?

ya he told me that because i told him how the redness is affecting me, he told me about the danger of wrinkles and skin cancer but i couldnt care less since all i can think about now is just to fade my red marks. i was confused too when he told me to tan and ive been tanning 3 times a week now. i feel im darker but the red marks are still visible. advise pls