Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Isaac100

Does Flaxseeds cause breakouts?

So I added Flaxseed and Almonds to my diet recently.

I needed to gain some weight so I thought fats such as almonds would be a healthy and tasty method.

But looking at almonds, it has about 3400 mg of Omega 6 and like no omega-3 (per ounce)

So, I also found flaxseeds which contains about 6500mg omega 3 and 1650 mg of omega 6.

So i decided I would eat about a 1:1 ratio of Almonds to Flaxseeds.

And I am wondering how much I can eat, like aslong as I keep it a 1:1 ratio, would I be able to eat as much as I wanted, or would like there be a limit.

Also, I read about how Flaxseeds caused serious breakouts in some people,

And I read how flaxseeds is a detoxifier and adding up the two, i am guessing that is the cause of the breakouts.

The detoxifier causes detoxing of the body which causing initial breakouts, is that correct?

Or is flaxseeds just a negative addition for acne.

Hope you can help.

So I added Flaxseed and Almonds to my diet recently.

I needed to gain some weight so I thought fats such as almonds would be a healthy and tasty method.

But looking at almonds, it has about 3400 mg of Omega 6 and like no omega-3 (per ounce)

So, I also found flaxseeds which contains about 6500mg omega 3 and 1650 mg of omega 6.

So i decided I would eat about a 1:1 ratio of Almonds to Flaxseeds.

And I am wondering how much I can eat, like aslong as I keep it a 1:1 ratio, would I be able to eat as much as I wanted, or would like there be a limit.

Also, I read about how Flaxseeds caused serious breakouts in some people,

And I read how flaxseeds is a detoxifier and adding up the two, i am guessing that is the cause of the breakouts.

The detoxifier causes detoxing of the body which causing initial breakouts, is that correct?

Or is flaxseeds just a negative addition for acne.

Hope you can help.

Flax seeds is good for you. I add it into my smoothie when I run out of hemp protein powder.

Edited by EddieE

flax seed contains phytoestrogens - that may contribute to a breakout in some people. The real reason I'm responding to this is to let you know about the omega 3 claims. Flax contains the proper fatty acids available to convert to usable omega 3 - unfortunately, your body can only convert about 4% of them. While they are an excellent source of many things, don't rely on them for your omega 3 needs.

Edited by ayla

flax seed contains phytoestrogens - that may contribute to a breakout in some people. The real reason I'm responding to this is to let you know about the omega 3 claims. Flax contains the proper fatty acids available to convert to usable omega 3 - unfortunately, your body can only convert about 4% of them. While they are an excellent source of many things, don't rely on them for your omega 3 needs.

Hmm, than what should I rely on for Omega 3?

I had started to take flaxseed for a month and had really clear skin I now am experiencing breakouts on my jaw Line and cheeks. I have stopped the flaxseed for ten days and my skin is no better. Anyone know how long it takes for skin to return to normal!?