Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
onesupergirl1

swollen pimple on cheek bone

So a few days ago i could feel a pimple forming on my cheek bone. I let i go and today I finally decided to hold a warm wash cloth to it and pick it... nothing really came out but it hurt super bad.... now its really swollen. it doesnt really look bad cuz its on my cheek bone almost to my hair line and theres just a tine red spot but i can feel its super swollen under the skin. does anyone know how long is a good time to wait before going to the derm to possibly get a shot of cortizone if the swelling doesnt go down?

well seeing as i already picked it theres not much i can do about it now.... and i have heard of people getting a shot for just a pretty swolen pimple not just HUGE cysts... i guess ill just wait a few days and see how it goes

Well ya im not going to pick at it anymore.... thats not really the advice im looking for but Wynne, thanks for the comment i read it and i out some ice on it and took the ibprophen. My derm has told me in the past not to put neosporin on my face b/c it can clog pores but i have some centany for infected spots that he gave me for a bad one i had before so i might try that. Today its kind of a wierd greenish yellow color around it? I called the nurses line at my derm office and left a message telling them about the situation and asking what i should do....

....Topical antibiotic cream/ointment and band aid/plaster how-to:

(Polysporin, Neosporin, Bacitracin, etc. I use Polysporin more often.)...... You CAN use plain petrolatum jelly. It is not comedogenic. ...

Neosporin ointment is comedogenic. Neosporin cream is not.

ohh ok thanx. I think ill but some altabax on it. its a really strong antibiotic and i also had one extra sample pack left over from before. I was reading that some people have used that on cysts so ill try that for a few days and see how it goes