Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
headswapop

going great on dans reg

hullo people,

First off i know that it can be insensitive to go on about how great your skin is startin to look when a lot of people are strugglin with this fucked up disease (and it is a disease)

however i was very unsure about Dan's regimen and to be honest i thought bp was crap. I wasn't going to try the regimen untill i read a couple of sucess stories on these boards, to be honest dan, sorry but i was suspicious about the success stories you have a link to.

Well basically i'm hopin that if anyone is lookin over these boards and wondering whether or not to abandon their own regimens for the unknown (a tough choice for most of us) they will take heart from this

Week 1 = moderate acne lots of angry infected red marks and that feeling that your face is full of puss.

Week 4 = no active acne for two weeks now, face is feeling good, can look directly into the mirror in a well lit room. Basically HUGE IMPROVEMENT

Please if you are unsure about the reg just give it a try, what have you got to lose apart from your acne?

good luck and peace to you all smile.gif

yeah i was laughing at this site as well...

then i tried it and in 2 days my face dried up and turned into a brown crust. i couldn't move my face muscles and it was really painful...i swore i'd never use bp again.

then the crust peeled of and took all my spots with it! biggrin.gif my skin hasn't been this clear in 4 years. i'm not sure about the effectiveness of bp, but my skin peels off a layer every time i shower, leaving smoother skin.

oh my lord, a layer everytime you shower? if you shower daily thats WAY too much skin to be losing on your face everyday

and if you dont shower every day... eww get away from me no wonder youve got acne

I figured I would add my own success story to this thread since it got a little off topic with the last post, and to add yet some more credibility for all those skeptics out there

My skin before regimen: only got acne on my chin region, basically 2-5 active pimples at a time. As soon as some would heal others would form.

Week 1: skin cleared slightly, not all that much though. Became flaky, but not irritated.

Week 2-5: amount of acne stayed the same (2-5 zits at a time, one after another). HOWEVER, the "life span" of each zit was much shorter than before regimen, still dealing with red marks though.

Week 6: skin suddenly cleared and no acne has formed since, it is now week 8. That is really saying something considering I would get them one after another and I would feel them coming on sometimes days before. There are NONE forming now and my red marks are fading. My skin isn't flaky or dry at all.

Well that is my story, hope it inspires people to try the regimen because it really does work for many people who stick with it! Good luck all.

demigod, yeah my face was peeling so much (like i put on bp in the evening, and a layer of skin comes off the next morning). i reckon it's because i started off with too much panoxyl. i'm using quinoderm now, it's less harsh.

Week 6: skin suddenly cleared and no acne has formed since, it is now week 8.  That is really saying something considering I would get them one after another and I would feel them coming on sometimes days before.  There are NONE forming now and my red marks are fading.  My skin isn't flaky or dry at all.

Hey you guys, what do you think I could change that would make the site appear more credible?

Any suggestions are welcome. Glad it's working for you guys!

-Dan

Is there anyway to get endorsement by some acredited medical/derm organization? That would definitely be good. Or a page as a mission statement stating "Selling gel is different from my advice here. On this page, you can very easily cure yourself for free, etc..."

Hey

Think BenK has got the idea, you would definitely feel reassured about trying something if you thought that the medical profession were aware of it and thought it was

1) Safe

2) Effective

I know that we all like to critisise derm's but when alls said and done it's still their opinions that most of us will put above a laymans.

Also Atkins diet has become known the world over through very good PR, press releases to the right magazines and newspaper supplements (thinkin lifestyle and health sections) and of course the fact that it works. Dan i'm sure you can see comparisons with Atkins and your regimen. A human interest story is what these publications lap up, have you contacted them about a press release for your site and the regimen - perhaps on a very small scale maybe with a story of someones life the regimen has changed for the better- i'm sure there would be many volunteers.

As once an article is written or published independently then those words become gospel to many and they are much more likely to put their reservations aside.

just my opinion,

good luck wink.gif

I have to say that the first time I came upon this site I was completely sucked in and was very convinced that it would work for me. There are a couple of reasons for this:

1) The site has a nice layout and is professional looking

2) although the site is professional, I could still see that Dan is just a regular guy. Through the site I could tell that he just wanted to help people and that although his site is professional, he does not have a medical degree and he is not making huge profits from this site. This convinced me he was sincere and genuine.

My only thought is that if you attempt to make your site more credible by using derms as references or getting support from magazines and things like that, it almost makes it seem more like an infomercial to me and less like a regular guy sharing something great.

1) The site has a nice layout and is professional looking

2) although the site is professional, I could still see that Dan is just a regular guy. Through the site I could tell that he just wanted to help people and that although his site is professional, he does not have a medical degree and he is not making huge profits from this site. This convinced me he was sincere and genuine.

My only thought is that if you attempt to make your site more credible by using derms as references or getting support from magazines and things like that, it almost makes it seem more like an infomercial to me and less like a regular guy sharing something great.

There is a statement on your website about cutting the bp bottle in half and swiping out the inside with your finger. To me this is a dead give away that it's not just a scam to make money. People in it for the money aren't going to give you tips on how to make their products last longer. They want you doing anything that gets you ordering more sooner, including throwing away unused product. For the price it's not really even a risk to at least try it, IMO. Compared to all the other stuff I paid for acne (w/o insurance)...$35/month for Minocycline as an example, I find $22 as my initial purchase to be a welcomed relief. And if it doesn't work, I'm out $22, which to me isn't a big deal.

2) although the site is professional, I could still see that Dan is just a regular guy.  Through the site I could tell that he just wanted to help people and that although his site is professional, he does not have a medical degree and he is not making huge profits from this site.  This convinced me he was sincere and genuine.

I'm so happy that it's working well for you! Don't stop and keep up the awesome work!

I was skeptical of this site when I first came across it as well. The thing that pulled me in was when his regimen recommended regular drugstore products, such as Cetaphil, Neutrogena On-The-Spot, and Cetaphil moisturizers and stuff. That, to me, already made the site look very credible. The layout was very professional as well, everything is organized, and those success stories really did me in at the end. I only ordered the bp gel because I had been a veteran of the Neutrogena so I knew how well bp worked for my skin, but Dan does mention on his site that if you're disbelieving of his bp gel, you can go ahead with the Neutrogena to see how well it works, and then buy his bp when you're fully convinced. That's also huge, because he's not automatically forcing you to buy his own bp gel. If you go to some of the other acne sites, you'll see nothing but their own products plastered all over the site urging you to buy their products simply because they "work", supposedly. Acne.org tells you why the products work and why they are so effective. In short, this site is just awesome.