Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JoeyT

Retin A Micro - No side effects

Hello Folks

I've been using Retin A micro 0.04%, for some two weeks now, and except for some IB's in the first week, I haven't had any side effects. No redness, dryness, peeling and so on. I was well prepared to deal with it, but it hasn't come yet. My skin is quite clear now. Don't have any breakouts any more, the oiliness is still here, but to a lesser extent. I've been using it daily since the first day. Didn't want to go on 0.1% because it is the strongest formulation out there. So, does it mean anything, that I don't have any issues with it?Cause I've read here a lot of horrible stories about Retin A.It just makes me wonder.

Hello Folks

I've been using Retin A micro 0.04%, for some two weeks now, and except for some IB's in the first week, I haven't had any side effects. No redness, dryness, peeling and so on. I was well prepared to deal with it, but it hasn't come yet. My skin is quite clear now. Don't have any breakouts any more, the oiliness is still here, but to a lesser extent. I've been using it daily since the first day. Didn't want to go on 0.1% because it is the strongest formulation out there. So, does it mean anything, that I don't have any issues with it?Cause I've read here a lot of horrible stories about Retin A.It just makes me wonder.

Just give it a few more weeks. You will see some drying out of your skin and more and more breakouts.

However, if you are lucky, you may not even experience anymore Initial Breakouts.

Good Luck

I didn't get an initial breakout until week 3 or 4. That seems to be the standard time for most people. In the first 2 weeks my skin looked really great too. However, I haven't really had any other side effects either....I think my skin is very tolerable of it since i've used other retinoids in the past. It's also been a very warm and humid summer and fall, so the dryness might come in a month or so.