Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DudleyDoRight

Fraxel Re:pair Times 4

I made huge mistake by taking too much xanax. I couldn't keep my balance and I was running into things. I would fall down and then have trouble getting up. I haven't taken any since yesterday and I am still fatiqued, but my balance is slowly coming back. That is some potent stuff. My redness is diminishing at an alarming rate.

Ylem, if you are still breaking out at your age it has to be hormonal. What is your diet like? ANYTHING that could cause break out, even masturbation, stop doing it.

I have been trying to come up with a response for this one for over a day now and still can't.

Day 4 , and I am recovered from my Xanax overdose. Recovery is going remarkebly well. I am not nearly as red as with previous Re:pairs. It is too early to tell if I will need further Re:pairs. Right now everything is perfect, but the recovery has been so easy I might just do yearly touch ups.

Ylem, if you are still breaking out at your age it has to be hormonal. What is your diet like? ANYTHING that could cause break out, even masturbation, stop doing it.

Are you serious?? How can masturbation possibly cause acne? I have NEVER heard this before!

Are you serious?? How can masturbation possibly cause acne? I have NEVER heard this before!

Guess I just did not understand how masturbation even entered into the picture! I think he means the hormones from masturbating would aggravate acne-prone skin. In my case this is irrelevant though as I have already determined the root cause of my cysts to be dairy consumption. I have drastically reduced my dairy intake and have not had any cysts in over 8 months.Unfortunately, the cysts I did get from eating dairy products left unsightly and deep pits/rolling scars. I was hoping having DEEP FX within a year would help them more than the older scars, but unfortunately, a scar is a scar despite the age of it, and treatment is equally difficult for newer scars as it is for older ones, in my experience.

Day 5 and recovery is going extremely well except I was playing with a lab and he scratched me right on the left cheek. This is not deep and don't think it wil be a problem, but it looks kind of stupid right now. I fly to Florida on Friday so I am putting aquafor on the scratches to help them heal. I am still not seeing the old scars even in my critical kitchen light that exposes everything, but this is still only day 5.

Guess I just did not understand how masturbation even entered into the picture! I think he means the hormones from masturbating would aggravate acne-prone skin. In my case this is irrelevant though as I have already determined the root cause of my cysts to be dairy consumption. I have drastically reduced my dairy intake and have not had any cysts in over 8 months.Unfortunately, the cysts I did get from eating dairy products left unsightly and deep pits/rolling scars. I was hoping having DEEP FX within a year would help them more than the older scars, but unfortunately, a scar is a scar despite the age of it, and treatment is equally difficult for newer scars as it is for older ones, in my experience.

Funny I just posted how it was dairy for me as well. It was also some other foods, like rice for example. It's a shame how dermatologists don't talk more about this cause. In fact, I think I remember hearing some say that diet does not cause acne, as if it's a fact. Just terrible. To anyone who still has acne, especially cystic, try changing your diet.

Hi Dudley,

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your treatments with us here and keeping us updated with your progress. I wish you a speedy recovery and great results.

I haven't been to this site in a while, but I caught my reflection in a car window on a sunny day yesterday, and it got me thinking about treating my scars again...

Minty Peas, if I can come this far anybody can, that is why I am such a big supporter of Fraxel Re:pair. Nothing else ever worked. I have been at this for about 2.5 years and I have spent $8800, but it is the best money I ever spent.

Day 6, and I am amazed at how fast the redness has faded. The dog scratches are a bigger problem right now, but they too are healing. I have been busy packing for my flight tomorrow at 0545. I really hate flying but it is a 24hr drive to Florida from Oklahoma. I will eventually move back to Florida, because I hate cold weather. I may check in while in Fl because I have to keep up with my email because of interviews I had last week.

2 weeks post op and I believe all of the redness has faded. This recovery has been so easy I cannot believe it. It appears now that the stupid dog scratch is my biggest problem. Re:pair still stands as the best money I have ever spent. I will probably be posting less on here and be more involved in the finance sites.

2 weeks post op and I believe all of the redness has faded. This recovery has been so easy I cannot believe it. It appears now that the stupid dog scratch is my biggest problem. Re:pair still stands as the best money I have ever spent. I will probably be posting less on here and be more involved in the finance sites.

Great to hear dudley... if my recovery would be like yours I'd do it every 6 months too.

Still redness here 8 months post and counting...

Dudley, you are extremely adamant about not showing your scars. Can you post a picture of someone else's scars that is close to your case? I mean, I do believe you, but not showing pics is like smoke and shadows.

Here today, gone tomorrow, with words lost in translation.

You cannot even offer close side shots that won't show your eyes? Give some people on this forum a leg up about your 2.5 years of procedures by showing pictures since they show more worth than most your posts combined after you leave. I believe, I'm getting subsiscion + fraxel, and even I want to see what 4 procedures have done. You said that you never showed any real progress till your second fraxel. So many people make Repair a bad rap usually because of inexperienced doctors. When people usually become happy about their skin they leave here like you are now but you have a chance to show progress. Do this community a favor before you leave. What do you say?

Great to hear that perserverence pays! You have inspired me to go for another (and hopefully) final smartdot c02 in a month.

Thanks for the update and once again...what great news!! Enjoy!

Progressive, from what I have seen 99% of the photos posted are worthless, and seldom reflect how the person feels about the scars. I quit taking pictures some time ago because they don't reflect how I feel about myself. I have seen dramatic improvement, and maybe if I were selling Fraxel Re:pair I would be posting pictures, but it is no skin off my nose if people don't try Re:pair, it is their loss. I have presented what works for me. People can go off chasing vitamins or the cream of de jour, but the 3 scientific things are Co2, retinol, and hyaluronic acid. Subscission may hold some promise. If you tied me in a chair and beat me with a rubber hose, the one picture that probably comes close to where I started from it would be this. http://www.youtube.com/user/DanielleOsti#p/u/7/KeIPBPlY3L0

Now understand that I am not pretty like Danielle, but her scars seem to be the same depth as mine were, and mine were a bit more extensive, but overall she is a good representation of where I started from. This is why I took a particular interest in her case. I even went so far as to ask her to post on this site, which she did a few times. I am probably at 80% improvement, and may undergo further Re:pairs each fall, basically because they have become so easy and I see improvement each time. This is no quick fix, but it is a fix.

Nessie, I don't see why you would need more than 2 treatments. You look good already. Good luck with everything that is going on in your life!

DudleyDoRight, very good post. Thanks much. I have checked out the science of both retinol and hyaluronic acid as well as reviewed the videos of Danielle. You have been a great asset to this board. My doctor is going to be more expensive in the long run with multiple treatments but since he has had over 2,500 patients with repair I feel comfortable with him. Best wishes.

Progressive, from what I have seen 99% of the photos posted are worthless, and seldom reflect how the person feels about the scars. I quit taking pictures some time ago because they don't reflect how I feel about myself. I have seen dramatic improvement, and maybe if I were selling Fraxel Re:pair I would be posting pictures, but it is no skin off my nose if people don't try Re:pair, it is their loss. I have presented what works for me. People can go off chasing vitamins or the cream of de jour, but the 3 scientific things are Co2, retinol, and hyaluronic acid. Subscission may hold some promise. If you tied me in a chair and beat me with a rubber hose, the one picture that probably comes close to where I started from it would be this. http://www.youtube.com/user/DanielleOsti#p/u/7/KeIPBPlY3L0

Now understand that I am not pretty like Danielle, but her scars seem to be the same depth as mine were, and mine were a bit more extensive, but overall she is a good representation of where I started from. This is why I took a particular interest in her case. I even went so far as to ask her to post on this site, which she did a few times. I am probably at 80% improvement, and may undergo further Re:pairs each fall, basically because they have become so easy and I see improvement each time. This is no quick fix, but it is a fix.

Nessie, I don't see why you would need more than 2 treatments. You look good already. Good luck with everything that is going on in your life!

Your story is remarkable Dudley. Unfortunately, you seem to be the only one with this degree of success. Even with combo treatments with the Deep FX, I am seeing nothng yet. I went to another DEEP FX dotor who wants to do PRP in combo with DEEP FX next.I don't know ho you were able to get that improvement!

Edited by ylem

Ylem, very few people post their treatment levels. I have been treated 4 times at the peak settings. I get pretty intense swelling that I don't see in a lot of the post op pictures that people have posted. After my first Re:pair my eyes were almost swollen shut, and frankly I was afraid I had made a huge mistake. In subsequent Re:pairs the swelling has been less intense, but even with #4 I looked like a big fat guy(which I am not). I am thinking that if you are not seeing a lot of swelling, you were probably not treated at a high enough setting. I am probaly at good enough improvement to stop, but I will probably continue since the recover has become so simple. I am a very fast healer with no pigmentation problems. What do you mean by combo treatments. Multiple Deep FX at about 17.5mj should be all you need. Did you experience the swelling I mentioned?

No offence but Ylem never seems to get improvement out of anything and he has tried a LOT of treatments.

I've seen some people who complain that they got ZERO improvement from their scar procedure and then they post up pictures and they got 20-50% improvement. I just think some people are incredibly bad and unobjective when it comes to assessing their improvement.

There was some dermarolling guy for example who couldn't see much if any improvement and his pictures were clearly 50% better at least. Another person who got fraxel recently said he got zero improvement but if you look at his photos taken over a period of time (all before the treatment though) he said that his scars have remained the same when there was a MARKED improvement.

I'm sure Ylem is a poor healer but I suspect he is a person like the above. For example he has repeatedly claimed to suffer from severe scarring and awful texture, but in the picture I saw of him recently the majority of his skin looked really healthy and youthful. This suggests he has a skewed perception of his scarring which is common. Note: I am sure Ylem has moderate scarring and a texture that isn't flawless and is also not getting fantastic results from treatments, but I would bet he is getting some improvements.

i agree with you completely. i remember when bed_intruder put his pics up, i looked at them really closely and i could definitely see an improvement...at the same time, they should know their scars more than us.

that said, i think we all have a tendency to second guess the improvements from any treatment, especially when we assume the improvement wouldve been so much higher...

Edited by gimme gimme gimme