Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Heres my story:

I had been suffering with acne until I discovered that Pantothenic Acid worked if I megadosed it daily. I was taking 3-6 grams per day and it worked to clear a good 90% of it up. But after years of that I developed some sort of Bvitamin imbalance and started getting dizzy and having panic attacks and even got gout in my foot. Those symptoms went away right when I quit the pantothenic acid, but My face started breaking out again.

Over the past 3 weeks I experimented with several things and found a combo of vitamins / herbs that has cleared my acne up at an alarming rate.

Twice a day (w Breakfast and dinner) I take the following handful of capsules:

TUMERIC (the good kind from whole foods)

BURDOCK (root Powder)

APPLE CIDER VINEGAR PILL (one pill is like 1 1/2 tblspoons)

thats the power trio that has done the trick.

I feel like the tumeric is the main helper, I also starting adding it to my foods a bit too.

and to assist the power trio I am also taking:

ZINC

an A3 +D3 capsule

and a vitamin C fr general good measure

I feel like this has cured it after 3 days. I can feel that its not forming anymore and isnt going to, you know that feeling that is on its way to the surface, and like you can touch your face . Thats finally gone !

Topically to speed up the process I use a sort of EPSOM SALT mask by mixing some epsom salt with water, applying it to my face with a cotton ball and letting that dry for at least 30 min then wash off.

I also do the organic ACV at night sometimes topically and it seems to help with the remaining marks.

If this plan of TUMERIC BURDOCK AND ACV pills continues to work I will be stoked.

I will report back in in a couple days.

I forgot to mention that I made a few dietary changes that seem to be helping too:

Increasing fresh vegetables and fruits

Increasing water intake (especially in the beginning of the day) - at night you wouldnt want to drink a bunch of water (or eat alot) cause your organs need to rest to remain healthy

Eliminating sugars (especially refined sugars, and what ever you do -do not eat HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP) Read your ingredients labels!

ELIMINATING FAST FOOD (anyone with acne should run screaming from taco bell mcds and all that garbage)

Greatly reducing Dairy

and Im keeping an eye on wheat / gluten things

hope this info helps some of yall!

I think I might have tried everything by this point

sure I got everything at whole foods:

GAIA - Tumeric Supreme - Liquid phyto caps

Nature's Life - Apple Cider Vinegar - 250 mg tablet

Solray - Burdock - (organic) capsules

its really working so far!

Im taking one of each - twice a day

best of luck!

there are cheaper tumerics that you can get but the GAIA one (costs 20 bucks) is the one to get because the active ingredient is the curcumins that are extracted. Thats where the magic of that root exists in the pure extract called curcumins... the other ones I think are more powdery and wont have as much curcumins so you might have to take more to see results if you go for the cheap ones.

I also got a bag of bulk tumeric spice, and have been cooking it into some into vegetable dishes. pretty tasty.

Yeah best bet is bulk organic turmeric which comes to around $7.00 @ 454grams/1lbs. Just ground some whole black pepper and add it to the mixture.

Yeah I have a huge lb bag of turmeric and I'm not even close to finishing it. I drink like a huge overflowing teaspoon with water but it tastes horrible. Apple cider vinegar is even worse. I drink it with water in the morning before eating in case it comes back up.

Honestly, three days isn't long enough to prove your combination may work. You need to give it considerably longer.

That's what I did with a holistic diet, which I've tried for 2 years, and has not worked for me. You may find yourself to relapse. I am not trying to be negative--just realistic. I would first try absolutely cleaning up your diet before you try any "magic" pill combinations. :ninja:

Well, I did make some improvements to my diet as I listed, and I'm still going strong on my magic pills any still looking great! It did work for me in 3 days and the results are continuing. Who wants to wait 2 years just to realize oh wait that wasnt working. Of corse diet plays a big role but as soon as that curcumin and burdock got in my blood it began to subside.

Its best to take Apple Cider Vinegar in pill form. Your stomach can handle it but your teeth's enamel is too weak to handle such a strong acid. For the long term that is, better to get the pills. Same goes for the Tumeric, you could even get a Curcumin supplement which is the active ingredient in tumeric.