Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sh0

Just switched to Benzac A/C 2.5 from Pan Oxyl 2.5

Time on The Regimen:- 1 Week

I've been suffering badly with the bright red, flaky face and super stingyness from BP application (Pan Oxyl 2.5 BP Gel) but it has been doing the job, already my cystic acne has reduced in size, blackheads much diminished.

Went to get more today, didn't have, so I bought Benzac A/C 2.5 BP Gel, it's all the same stuff right?? Or is it?

On applying the Benzac it felt as if I was applying moisturiser, the stinging that did eventually start was so mild compared to the Pan Oxyl. It took a few minutes longer to dry, but when I walked back to the mirror to apply my moisturiser I was shocked to see my face was only a lightly tinted pink, not the beet red that I've had the last week! :clap:

Now this is great BUT and it's big BUT, is it really as good as Pan Oxyl??

The ingredient list on Pan Oxyl is this:-

Contains

2.5% Benzol Peroxide Gel

Benzac A/C's list of ingredients is this:-

Each gram contains:

Active: Benzoyl peroxide 50mg/g;

Inactives: docusate sodium, disodium edetate, polaxamer 182,

carbomer 940, propylene glycol, acrylates copolymer, glycerol,

silicon dioxide and purified water, citric acid and/or sodium

hydroxide to adjust pH.

So my theory is that perhaps the 2.5% BP in Benzac is more distributed due to the extra (inactive) ingredients and therefore is not as strong/effective??

I am willing to suffer the pain of Pan Oxyl if it is a better product, please post if you have experience with either one of these BP's, would be great to hear from someone who has tried both........

TIA

Shola

I don't know the answer to this but I'd also like to know if anyone has an idea. I'm using PanOxyl's 2.5% BP Gel and it is making me REALLY red and itchy.

i'd assume that 2.5% BP in whatever form you buy it (dan's, panoxyl, benzac, quinoderm etc), means that 2.5% of what is in the bottle/tube is BP. Could be wrong.

Panoxyl is horrible stuff though and known for itching/red faceness.

I went from Duac, to Panoxyl and the 2 nights i put panoxyl on my face practically exploded, omg it hurt and was red and crap, basically.

Then i ordered dans and went back to the duac for a couple of days, and felt better again and was thinking maybe my duac was too old and wasn't working and dan's would do the same as the panoxyl. But it didnt. It's really great stuff and so cheap, even in the UK i would 100% recommend you pay that bit more import charge, you get a huge tube and per gram it's cheaper than almost anything else you can buy in the uk i think (even with postage!!).

Bottom line, panoxyl is horrible. (in mine and many other peoples experience anyway).

Since this post I have been using Benzac A/C in my regimen , I have had some breakouts and was wondering if the Pan Oxyl was better, I started to spot treat with Pan Oxyl after Benzac treatment, what I've discovered is that Pan Oxyl will take a zit down quicker but only due to the increased drying/pealing effect, which really is not practical for the whole face.

So Benzac A/C for the whole face within the regimen and spot treat zits with Pan Oxyl to dry them out faster :)

I am still having major probs with finding the right moisturiser, one that doesn't ball up, uhg!

Since this post I have been using Benzac A/C in my regimen , I have had some breakouts and was wondering if the Pan Oxyl was better, I started to spot treat with Pan Oxyl after Benzac treatment, what I've discovered is that Pan Oxyl will take a zit down quicker but only due to the increased drying/pealing effect, which really is not practical for the whole face.

So Benzac A/C for the whole face within the regimen and spot treat zits with Pan Oxyl to dry them out faster :)

I am still having major probs with finding the right moisturiser, one that doesn't ball up, uhg!

If you're living in asia, i recommend you to use Neogence. They're active ingredient is water hence it's very moisturizing. You can get it from SASA. Try research from sasa.com. Hope it helps.