Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
p

Had tca cross with Dr. Frank based in nyc

About 2 and a half weeks ago I went to see Dr Frank to get tca done. It was my first time seeing him. He examined my face and told me that it wouldn't work on some of the types of scars I had. I have some depressed boxcar scars which he said it wouldnt work well on (I thought tca cross worked for all scars? can anyone clear this up since i read the tca cross paper and it clearly says it works for all scars). Anyway he did the few icepick scars that he thought it would work on he probably did about 10, 5 on my right cheek, 5 on my left. He used a wooden applicator just like in the paper and he used 90% tca (I asked him what percentage it was). Anyway it didn't hurt, the parts he did immediately turned white. He put some antibacterial ointment on all of the scars and off I went. It cost me $250 for the whole face. Btw while i was talking to him he did recommend that I do fillers for the depressed boxcar scars. He quoted me $600 for a package of a filler for the boxcar, tca cross for the icepick and a full face laser such as smoothbeam or something like that I forget exactly which one he uses I don't think it was smoothbeam. I didn't want to do the filler so I declined. Anyway he was really nice and made me feel very comfortable. I asked all the questions I had and never did I feel that I was being rushed or that he didn't want to answer me. This is not an ad for him but if ur in nyc I would suggest seeing him. Now on to my results. There was no redness for 9 out of my 10 scars that I had once the scabs fell off and I think this was due to the colostrum that I was using everynight. I read about colostrum here on this board thanks so much for the info. Wow that thing really works in getting no redness. I haven't really seen any huge improvements yet but it is still early in the process. I will wait 2 more weeks which will be a month after the tca cross to see the full results. If anyone has any questions im here to answer them. biggrin.gif

goodluck with your improvement. biggrin.gif Its good to finally hear someone else in NY is doing TCA cross besides Rappaport.

hmm 250 bucks for 10 spots. Sounds a lot better than 800 dollars for the whole face. How did you hear about Dr. Frank? And did he discourage you from doing Cross on your other scars? Do you think if you went back and asked him to perform them on your boxcars that he would do them anyway or refuse? question.gifquestion.gifquestion.gif

i dont think i'm ready to take the TCA Cross step yet, but i want to know as much as possible about it.

Are you going to go back for further treatment?

Thanks flowergirl for your kind words.

Yes thats who i went to see. It is a place right across the street from central park. Anyway its 250 for the whole face regardless of how many spots you do. Not just for 10 spots. I don't know if he would do the spots if I went back but I think with some persuation he would. He was very nice like I said and did tell me his theory of why it wouldn't help my other scars. I think though after seeing him perform the tca cross I can do it myself now. It really is not hard at all. Well if you have any other questions go ahead and ask. Im here to help biggrin.gif

Hi P,

Thanks for all the info---I'll be waiting to hear your progress with this; I'm very interested! I have done TCA cross myself on one scar but only used 50%. I'm going to try it again when I get some stronger TCA.

Hey,

definitely keep us updated on your progress..I'm considering cross on some of my scars but would insist on 65% TCA or something...I'm too much of a wuss. Anyway, I;m in NYC and I'm considering seeing Dr. Frank (hmm, is he as good looking in person! hahah) Anyway, what was the downtime like? i can only afford a week at a time>

Thanx!

HI P,

I actually have my first CROSS treatment with Dr. Franks on Sept. 13, 2004.

I already had a consultation with him. He was really nice, but just like you said he kind of dissuaded me from using Cross on the rolling-type scars. Also, I have an indented scar, the size of my pinkie fingernail on my cheek; he also said that cross wouldn't work on that. I don't know why. Anyway, PLEASE, PLEASE keep us up to date on your progress as it interests me greatly.

Can you also explain step by step how the procedure was. What kind of wooden object are you talking about? Was it sanitary? Why did he just use 95% TCA?What aftercare did he recommend?

Also when did he say you would get results?

Thanxs. Best of luck!

Ok here is an update. Its been almost a full month since I had the cross done and to tell the truth I don't know if i had any improvement in the two deepest ice picks scars that I had but he did a couple of others that were small to begin with(never really bothered me) but they seem to be gone. One of the deepest one is still a lil bit red if you look really close but nothing that would bother anyone as you can't tell its red from far. All the other scars are not red at all. I think the colostrum I used really helped with that because I only had redness in one icepick once the scars feel off and that was very mild nothing really red. All the others were just normal skin color. As to the improvement. I really didnt like these two ice picks and I'm not sure I see any improvement yet maybe very little. It definitely didn't make any of them worse just in case anyone is worried about it. I think I'm going to try a second cross on these icepicks and see how it goes. I'm still not giving up on this method. Brookeugogirl I'll try to answer your questions now. The procedure doesn't take more than 5 minutes. He had the tca in a little container with probably no more than 10 drops on the container. He used a wooden applicator looks likea toothpick but not quite. He dipped the applicator in the TCA and poked the scars with it. I didn't think it hurt at all. He then applies an ointment in all the scars he does. He gives you some more so you can put on but I stopped after the first day because it was polysporin and that prevents collagen growth so I opted to use the colostrum after day 1. I had no complications whatsoever. Once again you know your skin better than I do so if you are prone to skin infections you should use the polysporin or ask him about what you can do about it. He said I would need about two sessions to start seeing a lot of results and that's what I hope for. I like him because he was honest with me and told me the how and why of his methods. Well there you go guys. Hopefully I'll start seeing more results soon but I'll keep u guys posted. I also just got 100% tca so Im going to do some of the rollling type scars I have myself and see how it goes. It is a really easy procedure once you see a professional do it. If anyone has anymore questions just ask. good luck everyone.

Tofu, I do no quite remember the name. All I remember him saying was that it was permanent. He told me exactly what it was but I forget. Then he told me exactly the procedure. With what he steralizes the needles and how he performs the procedure. If you go to him and ask him questions he is more than happy to answer them. Hope that helped. Anyway to update on my progress I really havent seen much of it to be truthful. And its been a month. But I will do another round of cross in a week or so. Then after 2 crosses hopefully I will begin to see some improvement.

hey brookeugogirl and p,

how have your cross treatments with Dr. Frank been?

Also besides the $200 price for CROSS, whats the consultation fee?

How has your improvement been?

hmm Dr. Frank is kinda cute. Looks like he belongs on the show Miami Slice with all those plastic surgeons living the life in Florida, well minus the hurricanes.

Well to answer your questions,

how have your cross treatments with Dr. Frank been?

they have gone ok not too much improvement but I have only had 1 Cross so I dont know if I get more how it will turn out. I havent had the time with school to do anymore.

Also besides the $200 price for CROSS, whats the consultation fee?

nothing , that was all that he charged me no consultation fee. When I called I made an appt to do Cross not for a consultation but he still answered all my questions and was honest with me so it was like a free consultation.

Hi P,

I was wondering if you used colostrum internally or externally. Thanks.

I did it externally.

If you guys have anymore questions just let me know.

p

Hello P,

Please, may I ask about the colostrum? Is this something you get at a health food store? What is it used for initially? Thanks Linny