Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paparazzi25

How to get attention off of your face (Acne, Redmarks, etc.)

(MODS please move this in any board this is appropriate in) I am currently on Accutane, so my acne is not nearly as bad as it was before. But this is something that worked for me back when my acne was moderate-severe. I thought of this a long time ago, the first thing i notice about myself is that when people have beautiful eyes,, I don't want to look away! so the problem with my acne was that people had a problem staring at me and always looked at my face, so i thought. BUY COLORED CONTACTS. but not just any, first ask yourself this,,, have you EVER seen a black person with blue eyes? thats what i thought. I am african-american, and i thought if i get blue contacts it would look so unnatural that people could not help but look. After 1 day I got SO many compliments from girls even though my acne horribly severe, and they even stopped paying so much attention to my face! I get Freshlook Color Blends, they have a variety of strange colors that would not be on the human eye. The thing is, get an EXTREMELY UNNATURAL color, they even have PURPLE, which i think would be great, although you might look like a vampire (lol). This is something i tried when my acne was horrible, and although i don't need to do it anymore (but i still do) I thought i would share my little "secret" with anyone suffering from horrible to mild acne, JUST TRY IT!

I wear eye-enlarging contacts from Korea, and I really like them. They give an illusion of a bigger, younger eye by colouring the contact area larger than the edge of your iris. My favourite pair are my black ring lenses, which make my already dark brown eyes really cute and doe-like.

And even though I'm caucasian and could potentially have natural blue or green eyes, I still get compliments on my lenses. Brown is just too boring for me.

I wear eye-enlarging contacts from Korea, and I really like them. They give an illusion of a bigger, younger eye by colouring the contact area larger than the edge of your iris. My favourite pair are my black ring lenses, which make my already dark brown eyes really cute and doe-like.

And even though I'm caucasian and could potentially have natural blue or green eyes, I still get compliments on my lenses. Brown is just too boring for me.

I am biracial (mothers black fathers white) and have hazel find mine boring also even though I have basically had compliments from every adult I've ever met since birth, I think it just matches my skin too well. It wasn't until I got the "brilliant Blue" contacts that girls MY AGE give me compliments on my eyes instead of focusing on my face.

While I agree that playing up your eyes distracts from your face,I think unnatural colored contacts should be left to the teen crowd. I don't think people would take me seriously if I walked out with purple contacts lol.

That kind of stuff is really popular with the african americans in my community. Some have blue hair,yellow eyes...and still dress "Ganster Girl". I don't understand it. I think black women look lovely with their hair naturally curly and their eyes deep brown.

Same with Asians who dye their hair blonde. They're already beautiful as is!

I agree with what a lot of the other people have said in this thread. People really look better just the way they are. The only thing I really like are gray contacts on asians and maybe a few other races with strict features. The gray just looks more natural but striking at the same time. Most people can just enhance their eyes with makeup though. I have green/hazel eyes and I'm wearing purple liner right now. Not bright, just eggplant colored. You need to find the right combination that makes your eyes pop. I would like to try colored contacts because I have to wear them anyway but I have no idea what color I would chose. It seems pretty pointless since I already have a unique eyecolor (in my opinion).