Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mariej

Hyaluronic Acid

Can anyone recommend a brand and a dosage? Also, what benefits have you noticed from taking it?

Thank you!

I haven't taken it, but there are a few people in the other forums I frequent that notice better results in their overall skin health, but for the most part a big + for joint pain. If you do take it, take it with magnesium(preferably something with a good absorption rate (taurate (180mg per 2000mg)/malate (300mg per 2000mg)/glycinate (200-400mg per 2000mg)). Magnesium in itself could also help with skin health.

You could try it in powder form from a reputable company. Otherwise I would go with jarrows or doctors best, which also contain collagen. Not really sure how effective collagen is taken orally, but I would read up on that as well. Some others also contain "Chondroitin Sulfate", which I read on LEF forum, messes with the biology in some cancers (for bad).

Can never go wrong sticking with simple blends or powders. Doses I see in most blends are 100-250mg.

There are some people that also have break outs taking this, so dosing anything that's not mainstream here should be left to google decide for you.