Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ppopsicle

When it gets better, and then it gets worse

I was under the impression that my acne was going AWAY, and I was really happy. So I forgot about my face for approximately a month and did normal things and all I really noticed was that I wasn't as self-conscious under fluorescent lights, etc.

But now it's BACK, worse than before, and I am so irritated at my life and my face. Why does this happen? Why do they give us hope, only to snatch it away? It's really depressing.

I think I'd rather have something consistent. Really horrible acne for a long period of time. Because then I would know it's not getting better and will never get better, and I'd eventually accept it. Or something.

Anyway, to summarize: I'm mad that my acne is coming back after being slightly better.

Were you on a regimen that you stopped, and were you doing anything to maintain your skin condition after that? Did you change anything significant in your lifestyle, like diet, activities, etc.?

I've found that when I get off my regimen, I have a few weeks at most of good skin before all those bad reminders of my younger days start coming back.

But either way, it is a frustrating realization that you're never really in control of the situation. It's a not so pleasant life lesson, I guess.

Good luck.

Edited by Florida Guy