Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zitslayer123

Should I go on accutane?

Hey guys! Just a little info on me. I am 15 and am male. started to get acne at the age of 12 and in the last year it has progressed to moderate. I have taken epiduo which didnt work. Retina micro which dried my face out and did nothing. and now i am on minocycline. Ive been on it for 2 months and it seems to be doing a okay job of clearing my skin. All my siblings had to be on accutane. If i ask my derm. for accutane he will give it to me, he has already said. but i am scared for the initial breakout and side affects. I play basketball and do not want to be sore and i dont want my face to look horrible during school year. So i was thinking about staying on mino untill summer and starting accutane. Do you guys think thats a good idea or should i start sooner and not worry about the IB? any suggestions? please help! I am desperate!

Guest Timehealsall

i wouldnt take accutane if you just got moderate acne. Try other things first imo and if they do not work, then maybe take accutane.

I want to take accutane as well, but i heard things such as your chances of scarring from accutane is quite high. I dont want more scars..