Jump to content
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need advice


I've attached a picture of what some of my scars look like and I am trying to find out what the best treatment might be.

I know lasers are popular but it seems so expensive for the results that you get, which from what I've seen, are not that impressive. I like the idea of some form of subcision or punch technique, but it seems like there aren't that many doctor's that perform those procedures and I don't even know if it would worked for my type of scars. Do any of you have an idea of what the best treatment might be for the scars that I have and if you do, do you know anyone who is really good at that procedure near or in Ohio.

It just seems like trying to find out what Doctors really know what they’re doing when it comes to acne scars and which one's don't is difficult.

Thanks for the help...


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I agree. You have rolling, boxcar type scarring similar to me. I have c02 smartdot laser done which is suppose to be great for our type of scarring and I am fairly happy with the result. Going to see Derm this week for 6 week check up. Prior to this I have had fillers put in and they worked really well. I know they don't last (around 6-9mths) but the result is instant and I felt so much better confidence wise. Subscision is suppose to work well also. Best of luck

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes