Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wickling

Some questions about accutane

I have now taken 20mg accutane for a total of 1 week.

Before going on the accutane I was on a B5 cycle together with using a glycolic cleanser, which actually helped me keep the oil in check, ie i wasnt really oily but I still got those monthly probable hormonal nodules over my chin (right under my mouth)

But when I started taking the accutane I quit using both the B5 and the glycolic cleanser and went for something mild to wash my face with instead.

But now after one week of this regimen my skin is oilier than evern, havent had any initial breakouts except for a nodule under the mouth which i probably would have gotten anyway. But the oilyness is scaring me.

So is it normal for skin to get very oile at the beginning of a accutane cycle? How long will it take before you usually start seeing any results, considering im on only 20mg i fear it wont have that much effect but its early yet so I dont really know. My pores have also gotten bigger it seems, my blackheads f.ex have gotten much bigger and it could seems like they are sinking into the skin rather than forming zits.

Any encouraging words would be appreciated. This fight has gone on for too long and I hope the accutane really will take care of things.