Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soccersweetie1101

What is a maculue?

Hey everyone

So from prevous posts I found out that I have two scab like things on my Cheeks. I guess their called macules or something ?

Anyway, does anyone know how to get rod of them? Are they acne or pih? Cause don't have acne anymore only pih? Btw sorry spellings bad on iPhone :)

Hey everyone

So from prevous posts I found out that I have two scab like things on my Cheeks. I guess their called macules or something ?

Anyway, does anyone know how to get rod of them? Are they acne or pih? Cause don't have acne anymore only pih? Btw sorry spellings bad on iPhone :)

Macules are definitely not scabs, nor are they acne. For some people, they are what acne leaves behind after the pimple goes away. They are smooth, flat, discolored areas (typically red) of skin that are small in diameter. Macules are not raised whatsoever, and they do not have a different texture about them then the surrounding skin. PIH is pretty much the same thing as a macule.

That is the million dollar question (as to how we get rid of them)...I wish I knew because I have about 30 on my face right now. Ugh. Staying out of the sun, or wearing SPF will prevent them from becoming more prominent but only time will allow them to fade (I've been reading anywhere from 3 months to 2 years depending on the source). I am also trying peels to quicken the process. We'll see...

Guest Timehealsall

i noticed that sometimes my pimples leave slightly raised things (mini pimples i guess) that flatten overtime. Maybe its the healing stage?

I think that must just be the healing stage. My pimples sometimes take a while to get back down to skin level as well...but they never stay raised indefinitely.