Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnelmo

the root cause of acne

In high school i had perfect pale flawless silky smooth baby face skin like that you see in magazines. (i had better skin than girls with makeup, im a guy) long story short... my mum was very healthy and while living at home me and my brother both ate very healthy, and becoz of school we exercised everyday, and becoz we had to wake up at 7am for school.. we slept early

THE CAUSE OF ACNE for me

Last year i moved to college/uni and started getting acne, this was my life in college:

- ate fast food and frozen pizza, chips, pie etc, for 1 whole year.... I AM NOT JOKING,every single meal every single day... this is where the acne started coming in,

- zero exercise, (i dont think i ever ran or jogged in that whole year)

- slept at 3-4 am and woke up at 12-1 the next day

FROM NO ACNE TO SEVERE ACNE, the acne came gradually, at first i didnt care, now i have the worst skin, i have the acne which is under the skin, with red rashes and when my acne goes away it leaves a dark blackspot where it once was. THIS IS PROOF LIFESTYLE AND DIET AFFECTS YOUR SKIN FOR SURE, i never knew what a cleanser or moisturizer was in highschool and still i had perfect flawless envious skin

i started making changes to my diet and lifestyle since this march (2nd year college) and my skin is now gone from frankenstein bs to moderate/passable ... it hasn't got better in a while so ....

PLEASE HELP ME, tell me suggestions of ways i can help my body transition from that year of horrible health, back on track to healthy skin, what am i missing??? my body has definitely been damaged in that year, ..... i know by eating healthy, exercising, sleeping early will PREVENT FURTHER damage but WHAT ELSE CAN I DO to revert the damage already done and heal my skin??? (IM TALKING INTERNAL TO TARGET THE ROOT CAUSE)

(ie... could it be candida yeast infection?, high cholesterol???, i duno, pls make suggestions)

THings ive tried:

- duac, differin, all the lotions over the counter,antibiotics, minocycline etcetc) NONE WORKED

- i bought the ebooks acne no more, acne free in 3 days etcetc DID THE COLON CLEANSES, BOWEL CLEANSE, I OCCASIONALLY FAST to cleanse, I HAVE TAKEN SUPPLEMENTS FOR 5months now (zinc, vit A, B, C, E , omega369 ETC)

MY SKIN AINT GETTING ANY BETTER, ANYONE TRIED ANYTHING I HAVENT? pls pls share, (i think its coz my body was soo damaged from that first year of uni) thanks for reading

MY SKIN AINT GETTING ANY BETTER, ANYONE TRIED ANYTHING I HAVENT? pls pls share, (i think its coz my body was soo damaged from that first year of uni) thanks for reading

Eat a diet of real, nutrient dense, anti-inflammatory foods keeping all meals/drinks/snacks low to moderate GL.

Figure out any food intolerances you may have by eliminating foods one by one starting with the most common such as wheat/gluten, dairy, soy, peanuts, true nuts, eggs, shell fish, etc.

Keep as natural as possible as possible circadian cycle of bright light exposure in the daytime and darkness at night. Keep a regular, natural sleep schedule. Be physically active every day and manage stress.

More info:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-Acne...es-t230714.html

Dude you said it yourself, you ate shit for EVERY meal of EVERYDAY for a year. As hard as it is to take, your going to just have to wait for your body to return to its normal self.

Eat well, sleep well, exercise and wash your face with water once/twice a day. Stay away from any face products, just use water - perhaps buy a good moisturizer IF your skin gets dry. Drink plenty of water and then you will have to wait for the results, people who neglect their bodies in such a way deserve the consequences IMO.

Edited by ben90