Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rlmiggy

New and Need Help

hi, im 20 years young and have been dealing with acne for about a year

i always hoped i wouldnt have it, but here i am with it, i feel like its moderate not only because of how it looks but because it truly does moderate what i do at times

i just need some input and a possible support group, im not depressed, i just wish i could make it all go away

i recently went to my doctor because i wanted serious help with my acne, he put my on minocycline (take 2 times a day) and adapelene cream (apply before going to sleep) which ive been on and used to a t for about 6 weeks now, i havent really seen any great results other than redness going away

here is a couple pictures i took of my face, maybe you can help with what type of acne it is, any tips or recent reviews and how adapalene/minocycline worked for you and how long i really have to wait before i get results

449d6178.jpg

0e9338dd.jpg

f347a7f7.jpg

THESE PICTURES ARE 6 WEEKS INTO THE ANTIBIOTICS, TOOKEN AFTER I PUT ON THE ADAPELENE CREAM

( im actually a really happy guy, i live a really good life, it just sucks that ive had to deal with acne, it just really gets to my confidence, i feel like i dont partake in things like i really want to, so in turn im missing out on a lot. im looking forward to good results and will give it my all as im following my doctors orders with no exception )

any info you can help me with would be great, ill be glad to give any info of what i am doing in my life and how it may be affected or effects acne...

p.s i dont have any acne anywhere else on my body, its just on my face

post-138936-1286355757_thumb.jpg

post-138936-1286355772_thumb.jpg

post-138936-1286355781_thumb.jpg

post-138936-1286355757_thumb.jpg

post-138936-1286355772_thumb.jpg

post-138936-1286355781_thumb.jpg

Edited by rlmiggy

Hey Rlmiggy,

I tried oral antibiotics once, and it did way more harm than good. But, my brother took them, and it completely cleared him of his acne. I guess it works for some, and not for others. :)

This adapelene cream, it doesn't appear to contain benzoyl peroxide; right? If not, have you tried benzoyl peroxide before? If not, I suggest you look at Dan's regime. And yes, his benzoyl peroxide is the best I've every used. My acne hasn't been like yours, but it was close to it a few years ago, back before I started using a digital camera, otherwise I'd post a picture of myself at my worst. Since I started using this regime, my acne is gone. You can look at my pictures. In the last few months, I've probably gotten two pimples - and they weren't bad ones. Almost all my red marks are gone, and I walk out of my house without makeup confidently.

I also use a clay mask on my pimples at night, which helps them go away quickly, and can stop most from becoming a "pimple" at all, if I catch it right when somethings forming.

Have you thought about talking supplements? Zinc has great anti-inflammatory properties, C is good for collagen production, and there are others, if you're interested.

But seriously, BP has worked the best for me, and many others here on this site. :)

Hey Rlmiggy,

I tried oral antibiotics once, and it did way more harm than good. But, my brother took them, and it completely cleared him of his acne. I guess it works for some, and not for others. :)

This adapelene cream, it doesn't appear to contain benzoyl peroxide; right? If not, have you tried benzoyl peroxide before? If not, I suggest you look at Dan's regime. And yes, his benzoyl peroxide is the best I've every used. My acne hasn't been like yours, but it was close to it a few years ago, back before I started using a digital camera, otherwise I'd post a picture of myself at my worst. Since I started using this regime, my acne is gone. You can look at my pictures. In the last few months, I've probably gotten two pimples - and they weren't bad ones. Almost all my red marks are gone, and I walk out of my house without makeup confidently.

I also use a clay mask on my pimples at night, which helps them go away quickly, and can stop most from becoming a "pimple" at all, if I catch it right when somethings forming.

Have you thought about talking supplements? Zinc has great anti-inflammatory properties, C is good for collagen production, and there are others, if you're interested.

But seriously, BP has worked the best for me, and many others here on this site. :)

thank you so much!

i will look into BP, my doctor and the medicine sheet itself both told me i needed to wait atleast 2 months before i make judgement on how its working (the minocycline and adapelen cream )so i will i give it my all and pray for the best

as for supplements i have just started taking, fish oil, zinc.magnesium and a multivitamin every day, so hopefully that helps :)

Hi rlmiggy,

Like you my acne started when I was 19 and it only appears on my face. I'm 37 now - hope that hasn't given you a heart attack!! However, it hasn't always been bad times during the last 18 years - acne sufferers have their ups and downs. With me I would say it's been more down than up but I'm still hopeful :surprised:

Good to hear that you are seeing improvements already. You mentioned that you're taking zinc currently. I'm on Lymecycline 408mg a day and I've been advised not to take zinc or iron supplements whilst on it. Minocycline is another tetracyclin antibiotic, which I was advised that taking zinc and iron would prevent its' effectiveness. You say your skin is improving so something must be working. Maybe stop the zinc and see if things improve quicker? Only my thoughts though...

You're skin looks fairly oily on your pics, which is like mine. Try some organic apple cider vinegar mixed with water (1 part ACV with 2 parts H2O) and use it as a toner. Use a cotton wool ball and dab gently on the skin - do not scrub! If you find your skin is getting too dry then just use a higher % of water. I've been doing this and my skin is much less oily now.

Good luck and you're on the best place for support and advice!!