Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jane1987

Smoothbeam scar treatment whilst on Accutane?

Hi,

So I have been on accutane 5 months now (40mg a month) and it has worked miracles. I have clear skin (pretty much by month 3).

I have been talking to my derm about how to get rid of my pitted scars. Most are very small with a couple deeper ones - but overall in my derms opinion it is all very mild.

Now she has told me that I can get smoothbeam to get rid of these scars whilst I am still on accutane. I asked about waiting 3-6 months after accutane before any scar treatments and she said this wasn't necessary and that I could do it all now if I wanted. What do you think?

I have been told that I need approximately 3-6 treatments of the less strong variety to solve the scarring. Please note she said there are two ways of doing smoothbeam - one really strong treatment that does it in one go and has long downtime or lots of little weaker treatments that gradually improve your skin. The strong one I couldn't do on accutane but the weaker ones I can.

Any help appreciated :)

Edited by jane1987

ur derm is a retard.. if i were u the best thing to do is leave her NOW before she tells u anything more stupid! find a real derm and they would never ever reccomend u to solve the acne scars on accutan u have to wait at least 3-6months after