Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
o_Adam_o

any help for my cyst

my shiny cyst eh picture

alrighty, i have had loads of these on my face in the past, but this is the first one in years, its been there for 4 weeks now, ive tried some of the this suggested by wynne in the sticky but so far nothing seems to be helping it,

any suggestions of anything else i can give a go :S

if its still here in another 4 weeks im going to get an appointment with a derm sorted

Edited by o_Adam_o

my shiny cyst eh picture

alrighty, i have had loads of these on my face in the past, but this is the first one in years, its been there for 4 weeks now, ive tried some of the this suggested by wynne in the sticky but so far nothing seems to be helping it,

any suggestions of anything else i can give a go :S

if its still here in another 4 weeks im going to get an appointment with a derm sorted

outch adam, that looks so painful! does it hurt? the temptation for me wouldve been too great and i wouldve stuck a pin in it. thinking more logically tho, lol i guess that wouldnt be the best idea.

if you want to bring it to the surface faster, you could try magnoplasm. its a product used to draw out broken glass, splinters and infections under the skin. it might scar a little, but at least it would bring it to the surface, so your body can fight it off better.

anyhoo, just an idea.

Oh man, that's gotta suck.

Knowing me, i would have speared that bastard with a pin, you must have immense self-control.

Put a warm cloth on it, maybe soak in a sea salt bath to draw the infection out.

Most people say to use cold but i disagree, cysts respond to warmth much better.

Good luck with it bro.

updated pick of said cyst.

Okay, well as you can see its gone down alot really, i think its on its way out... it did pop (albeit not without alittle help, i know i shouldn't have but i just couldn't take it any more) anyway hopefully it'll carry on going its about 1/4 the size it was now and getting abit smaller by the day, so hopefully it'll be gone in a week or so...

im just wondering you soak a cyst with sea salt?where do you get sea salt from the store near the regualr salt?and put it on a wash cloth?if you pop it it could make it worse but it seems in your case it went down.if it doesnt go away go to a derm and get it injected with cortizone.

It will pass man. Don't poke it. Use BP, take lots of vitamins A,B,C,D,E (supplements if you don't), omega 3s - fish oils, zinc w/ copper, digestive enzymes, change your pillow case frequently as it absorbs acne/oil, etc. Have a good moisturizer. I got a bad one but, it shrunk. I used epsom salt baths and I sunk my head under water for under a minute. It unclogs pores. DOn't stab it or squeeze it. You will only make it worse, ugly, and it will likely come back. Stop fretting about it cause, it only makes it worse. Look to regulate your hormones. The pimple(s) are only part of the problem. The bigger problem is going on inside of you. Watch what you are eating. Its part of the problem. Drink lots of water.

@ The bigger problem is going on inside of you. Watch what you are eating. Its part of the problem. Drink lots of water.

What you eat has little to do with getting pimples or acne... very little of what you eat is absorb through the skin. Parents tell you that to get u to eat veggies and less candy etc. But I do agree... it cant hurt you to watch what you eat.

@ The bigger problem is going on inside of you. Watch what you are eating. Its part of the problem. Drink lots of water.

What you eat has little to do with getting pimples or acne... very little of what you eat is absorb through the skin. Parents tell you that to get u to eat veggies and less candy etc. But I do agree... it cant hurt you to watch what you eat.

i have been eating the most healthy i ever have in my life for the past 6 months or so, ive tried lots of things with my diet in the past, like cut out dairy had no vissible effect on my acne.

anyway a new progress picture here...

as you can see its alot better now, maybe it was the right thing to mess with it abit.

i still have the odd ones of these suckas on my neck though not sure if to try and get on tane, or it would be rather pointless and just make me scar more, i dont know anymore sigh.

Guest beccaboo00

i used to get cysts kind of often then i started using evoo as a moisturizer and then i only got maybe one a month now i only wash with water and use evoo as a moisturizer and i havent had one since

I have a cyst similar like that on my chin....been the same amount of time too 4 weeks. It has gone down but it started out just as big as that. I started taking vitamin D3 after a lot of research and although the cyst isn't much affected at all, the rest of my skin is clear. As for the cyst, that just takes time to heal...mine went down cuz every night I put DUAC on it, during the day I just moisturize. If it bleeds though dab some neosporin on it, it actually reduces inflammation.

Edited by NeverPaysAttention