Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Progression

LIST: Fraxel Repair Doctors

Hello all,

Anyone whom can recommend their Fraxel Dr. would be greatly appreciated.

Please include:

-Location & Name (prefer west coast but for the sake of others anywhere in US)

-Cost - full face treatment, additional treatments at a lower cost?

-Additional procedures, etc. e.g. Subscicion or topicals (I think stem cell is out of the question in US)

On Realself website there are doctors that are priced 1,000 to 6,000. I think anything below 2,000 is very sketchy. My thinking is that I can get an extended stay hotel if I can save money on my Fraxel Treament.

The Dr. closest to me is the only one in SF that has had some bad reviews about not taking time with patients needs and is 5,500.

I know Dudley is in CO. I guess I could fly there. Did he lower is price since 2008?

Fraxel Repair has the best before & after results after many years of reading on this board. Any help would be much appreciated.

I most strongly recommend you not travel for this procedure. Re:pair is intense and not to be taken lightly. I am having computer problems and I am trying to hold off on building a new one until the Sandy Bridge release in 2011. I Googled Fraxel Repair San Francisco and came up with plenty of hits. Se if you can get this link to work http://www.fraxel.com/findDoctor.cfm

PS, I am in OKC not Colorado.

Dudley:

Thanks for the reply. Google fraxel+san francisco does indeed show many hits, however, there's only one in SF on the Fraxel website.

Moreover, San Francisco is actually 40 miles as it is. I was thinking of taking a limo back from the appointment because of the tinted windows. I'm afraid to ask anyone to pick me up. I'm 6'4, all pumped up with meds and burn victim I wonder if anyone can handle. I'd just tip well and ask for a big guy to hold me out the door.

I just don't know if I want this young east indian doc burning my face. He's totally cocky and only sees $$.

I'd like someone who at least fools me that they care. I'm the salesmen so I dunno.

:T

You really don't think it would be okay for me to stay in a hotel for a week? What if I stack it with food and stuff I need for my face?

Also, I've read many of your posts, though, I do not remember anything about subcision. Have you had it with Fraxel? If no, why?

Thanks!

Progression, I pulled up 10 Re:pair doctors within a 100 mile radius of a SF Zipcode 94131. If push comes to shove drive to a motel near the doctors office and take a cab back and forth to the doctors and then drive back home the next day. I don't know anything about subscission, that is why you never hear me comment on it. I am not against it, I just don't know anything about it. After Co2 laser in 96 I drove myself back to the doctors the next day with my entire face bandaged, and not one person ever came up to me and said "hey I saw you driving the other day with bandages all over". My first 3 Re:pairs I took a cab back and forth and I never saw those cabbies again. It doesn't matter if somebody sees you because chances are you will never see them again, and if you do they won't recognize you. My ex is driving me back and forth to my 4th Re:pair on Friday.

Dudley:

Okay thank you for your description of your first 3 Fraxel "Re:pairs". I'm not so much concerned of people seeing me with bandages on me. I don't think a Taxi driver would want to hold me out the door.

I plan on going completely under. I do not want to feel this pain even though I have a good pain threshold. I just rather not feel pain when I want them to be precise without me moving.

You reminded me that I picked up my ex when she had a huge dental surgery and I had to hold her when she walked out to my car. She would return the favor. This is what I will do. No hotels, I'll just be sure to get done with the surgery before the commuter hours.

Thank you

Everybody is changing their names around here. I remember your street sign but not your old name. Nobody is going to be looking at you as you drive home, and anyway, you will be so sedated you won't care. My procedure is tomorrrow is at 11. The only time I notice anybody in another car is if it is a hot girl, or somebody is picking their nose. Always remember this, you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, you just cannot pick your friends nose. :cool:

Everybody is changing their names around here. I remember your street sign but not your old name. Nobody is going to be looking at you as you drive home, and anyway, you will be so sedated you won't care. My procedure is tomorrrow is at 11. The only time I notice anybody in another car is if it is a hot girl, or somebody is picking their nose. Always remember this, you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, you just cannot pick your friends nose. :cool:

Dudley, good luck with Repair #4 tomorrow. I hope you have a quick recovery and this gets your skin where it needs to be. Keep us posted.

Dudley how is your scarring compared to Ernestos? Do you think you would have better results if you had some sort of combination treatment?