Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jjballer22

tanning while on tretinoin

just wondering if its okay its says not to but ive been on it for almost a year and my skin is mostly clear except for few small zits here and there...my face isn't red at all/

soo would it be fine to tan or no?

Sunscreen because retinoids thin the outer layer of skin, making one more susceptible to sun damage.

thanks for the replies...i shouldnt need sunscreen im in the sun all the time and my face doesnt burn up or get red or anything

thanks for the replies...i shouldnt need sunscreen im in the sun all the time and my face doesnt burn up or get red or anything

Yes, you should. The risk for damage is greater. You may not be able to see it right now but you will in a few years. However, if you're like most human beings, potential for future damage won't change your current behavior. :P

well i am like most human beings so your right haha. i just never think about it before i got outside ya know? but i should probably use it before tanning

It's easy to not think of something like that but if you make it a habit like brushing your teeth or taking a shower, then it's easy. :P

PS: I also have my moments of seeking for instant gratification and torpedo the consequences! :P It's normal!