Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicolodi

Accutane Log (Claravis)

Hello all,

You've all been very helpful in documenting your journey through accutane. I want to contribute to others as well.

I'm mainly taking accutane for my back, chest, shoulder, butt... pretty much everywhere on my upper body acne. My face is not as severe, but it gets extremely/annoyingly/embarrassingly oily. I have been using retin-a .1% on my face for about 4 months now, its kept me clear the past 2 months or so--it gave me a bad initial break out (as it usually does with everyone). AND I was concurrently on Doxycycline for 4 month. This combination kept my some what clear in the face area.

Anyways, today is DAY 3 of my Accutane experience. Started on 40mg twice a day.

So far, my face is fine, I think its actually clearing up a bit, but i can't tell. No signs of an initial break out happening yet. Some of the existing pimples are clearing up though (quicker than usual). I think the oiliness on my face is calming down a bit, but not a crazy amount--this might all be in my head.

My body acne--again, i think this is all in my head, but it kinda looks like its clearing up a little. Its really hard to tell, maybe its just too early and I'm making this up .

Hopefully things just go straight to getting better rather than worse to better.

Just FYI: I'm using Dan's face wash for now until it gets too drying, then I will maybe switch to Dove Sensitive Skin for my body and face.

Overall---things are good--oh yea but my bowel movement was kind of interesting the first day i don't know if it was from accutane or the food i ate. I'll be polite and not go into detail. But i do feel like I'm going number 2 more than usual.

Yea haha, actually... just got out of the shower, and felt the dryness coming so I immediately moisturized. Also, staying hydrated.

Kind of noticing the initial break out making its way.

Okay maybe i should bring up the detailed question about bowel movements. I usually have a few bowel movements a day, i've got pretty fast metabolism. that's besides the point. So, since starting accutane one or two of these bowel movements would leave my butthole kinda like stingy, you know what i mean? like burning. It goes away after like 10 mins, but it's kinda weird since it's happened everyday sine starting accutane. What does this mean? has anyone else experienced this? or any other weird bowel movements of some sort or another on accutane? To be clear, the burning/stingy feeling is NOT inside, just outside area, and there is no blood anywhere...

i'm guessing everytime that happens, that's me like pooping out the excess accutane or something? i dunno! thats my logic at work. what you guys and gals think? HELP

Edited by nicolodi

LOL your poop question isn't any more gross than all of us talking about acne, so I think you are fine :)

Last time I was on accutane I actually experienced the uncomfortable feel you are talking about in addition to some blood (gross, I know). I was freaking out after that incident but apparently it is just part of the side effects; I found that accutane dried up my butt just like the rest of me! If it is minor, I'd just slap some aquaphor on it and call it a day.

Best of luck to you in your accutane course; I also just started mine (7 days in) :)

Cat

Yea haha, actually... just got out of the shower, and felt the dryness coming so I immediately moisturized. Also, staying hydrated.

Okay maybe i should bring up the detailed question about bowel movements. I usually have a few bowel movements a day, i've got pretty fast metabolism. that's besides the point. So, since starting accutane one or two of these bowel movements would leave my butthole kinda like stingy, you know what i mean? like burning. It goes away after like 10 mins, but it's kinda weird since it's happened everyday sine starting accutane. What does this mean? has anyone else experienced this? or any other weird bowel movements of some sort or another on accutane? To be clear, the burning/stingy feeling is NOT inside, just outside area, and there is no blood anywhere...

i'm guessing everytime that happens, that's me like pooping out the excess accutane or something? i dunno! thats my logic at work. what you guys and gals think? HELP

LOL your poop question isn't any more gross than all of us talking about acne, so I think you are fine :)

Last time I was on accutane I actually experienced the uncomfortable feel you are talking about in addition to some blood (gross, I know). I was freaking out after that incident but apparently it is just part of the side effects; I found that accutane dried up my butt just like the rest of me! If it is minor, I'd just slap some aquaphor on it and call it a day.

Best of luck to you in your accutane course; I also just started mine (7 days in) :)

Cat

Ohhh that's good to know... thanks! yea the dry part makes sense... i think i notice it only happens after i wipe, so maybe its got something to do with that.

ANYWAYS.

DAY 4

I'm noticing the dryness taking its toll. I'm not super dry though, still get oily, and that's because I have really oily skin. Also, when i take a closer look at my skin i can notice the initial breakout coming, some faint red spots here and there, existing acne is also a little more pronounced, but not a crazy amount. I'm kinda excited but also nervous at the same time for the initial break out... its good to know all that crap is getting pushed out, as it makes way for clear skin.

as for my body, my chest is kind of the same, my back seems to be getting better, the scars are faded a bit, just one new pimple, but by the looks of it i don't think i'll be having an initial break out on my body, which is nice i guess (wish it was the other way around) oh well.

overall though, day 4 seems to show that the medication is doing something to my acne... other than that i have no other side effects besides my butthole thing :) haha

OKAY BYE!

DAY 5

Okay, last night i moisturized with dan's new moisturizer mixed with extra jojoba oil. I didn't moisturize under my scruffy facial hair, today i wake up and its all just flaking in that area. I'm not freaking out or anything. I actually like dry skin because oily skin is way more annoying.

Other than that not really much change. I thought the initial break out was about to come, but nothing has changed, just more and more dryness. And my lips are a little chapped, but not really.

I have a general question:

For people who have finished accutane, or read about others who have, did your oiliness come back after you finished with accutane? Is it suppose to?

Also, am I suppose to be using face wash? I'm using Dove Sensitive Skin wash.

DAY 6

So nothing major once again. But I have noticed the acne on my back is clearing up a bit. It used to have a lot of red marks everywhere, now those red marks are kind of fading.

As for my face, its not super dry. I still get oily. I also noticed that my pores have shrunk some what. i never knew they were so big till now. My lips are also a tad dry. (notice how i'm saying everything is "kinda", "some what", etc.--cause its only day 6) anyways, also certain areas of my face are itchy, which kinda gets annoying.

Other than that, my face seems to be clearing...

When is the initial breakout suppose to come??? Anyone know?

DAY 7 (going on 8)

Alright, it should be noted that i'm getting very tiny little pimples here and there. I'm talking like 5-6 in random areas. One near my eye. I also feel a cyst near the middle of my eyebrows a little annoying. Other than that, lips are interestingly chapped cause they're just continually shedding layers--weird. and oh yea, my scalp... it feels so good itching it sometimes. yep..

DAY 8

Alright, so now I have dandruff. my scalp was starting to itch more than usual today so i got some head and shoulders (knees and toes!)... let's see if this works out

other than that, same thing as yesterday pretty much. i can feel the cyst getting smaller, yesterday i was just like a bruise, now it feels like a tinny little lump thats getting smaller and smaller. the tiny little pimples from yesterday are vanishing, but there are one or two others that are appearing.

then again, for the most part, I'm clearing up... no MAJOR break outs yet...

I'll ask this again:

When does the initial break out usually come?????

My initial breakout started probably around day 10 and continues into month 3. I have very severe acne though. Check out my log if you'd like. I have pictures. dorismarilyn.blogspot.com

My initial breakout started probably around day 10 and continues into month 3. I have very severe acne though. Check out my log if you'd like. I have pictures. dorismarilyn.blogspot.com

thats good to know. thanks for the answer.

today is DAY 10

I can sort of feel smaller cysts forming, 2 under my facial hair, 1 on my forehead along with a 3 or 4 other little pimples i can feel on my forehead. Yet again, i'm just saying what i FEEL, not what i can SEE. Even the cysts that was in between my eyebrows was never noticeable (because i dared NOT to touch it/squeeze it) now its the 3rd day of that specific cyst and its virtually gone, its just a little tiny bump now.

so this is what i noticed about my back and body. accutane seems to have cleared some of the pimples that were already there. and now there are 4-5 pretty big cysts in random areas of my body. my shoulders are slowly getting better too. I'm definitely noticing an improvement on my body acne besides the break out that just happened.

oh yea, and this dandruff is getting annoying. head and shoulders is kind of working, i think i should have purchased the stronger formula (i got the silky smooth one), anyways it has helped but it hasn't completely gotten rid of the dandruff.

other than dandruff, i'm not really have any joint pains or any other side effects besides dry lips and a dry butthole :shifty: --- does anyone have any suggestions for the butt issue????

THANKS!

Yes, the oil does/is supposed to return after being off of Accutane for a while.

...But to a lesser degree right? because I usually have really oily skin... i really don't want it to come back, i like being dry :) haha sounds weird i know, but oily people will understand me...

Well the way i see it girls that have taken accutane are basically ruined for life

hollowed-out shells with only a small semblance of still being human walking around blindly

with their clear skin but soulless faces. zombies.

Accutane basically destroys the DNA, the woman's eggs are forever spoiled and the womb becomes

nothing more than a vessel for deformed stillborn babies.

I would never put my seed into these ruined vessels, i would rather fuk an alien. Not that they even

have any lubrication left on their vaginas to even facilitate such an act.

yours truly

- bio_nerd

DAY 11

So definitely some sort of initial break out happening. It's not crazy though. I still got the physically unnoticeable cyst on my forehead, i got this one regular white head that was being more and more pronounced every time i looked in the mirror, and yea i mean, its definitely some sort of break out, but its not crazy really.

my back is the same, maybe one more cyst. i got this one big one thats pretty crazy actually. i noticed that the skin on top of the cyst is continually renewing since thats waht accutane does, so i'm sure the cysts wont be there any longer than week, i just am avoiding squeezing them.

one question of concern... one thing i notice a lot when reading people's log is DRYNESS, complete and utter dryness. now, i dont' know if its cause i'm using Dan's new crazy moisturizer, but my face is really not all that dry... at least the areas i moisturize. I actually still get some what oily by the end of the day (i don't know if thats cause i got moisturizer on my skin or what) it's just weird...my lips are chapped, sure... but thats whatever, no big deal, just put some of that stuff i don't know how to spell the name.

anyone have any thoughts on this???? (not being super dry)

i'm sure i'll get my dosage increased, maybe then i'll experience some real dryness! for now, i actually feel like my oil production is in some ways balanced.

DAY 13

Blackhead extravaganza... i looked at my skin upclose this morning and there are all these blackheads coming out on my nose area... but no other pimples... also noticed some blackheads coming out around my lower neck area... weird.. something is happeningggg i don't know what it is though! but i'm not too bummed out because you can barely notice the blackheads unless you come up close... i'm sure they'll start becoming more pronounced though :(

my mental health seems to be doing good. i was scared of being totally bummed out by seeing all these black heads and stuff, or having break outs. i'm actually not all that upset about it. and i'm the kind of person that would get really bummed out about stuff like this... i'm okay though!... so that's my little message to anyone who is scared of taking accutane because of the initial break out and stuff.

DAY 15

Alrighty,

So this is a good time to update because i'm feeling some cyst-like pimples coming up. about 4. they aren't noticeable though. my complexion is some what clear, aside from the black heads from a few days ago, they're still there, haven't gotten worse or better. I think if you just don't touch any of the pimples (blackheads, cysts, etc.) then your acne will not be as noticeable, and you can go about your initial breakout stage just fine...

my body: my chest came out with a few white heads nothing crazy. same goes for my back, some of the cysts are clearing up, and its just generally getting clearer. my shoulders are finally clearing up a bit too, but still got a long way to go.

QUESTION: does anyone know anything about getting harrier on or after accutane???? cause i don't really have chest hair, but everyone in my family does, i'm assuming i should too. do you think accutane will force those hairs to come out????? any thoughts?

sorry for not posting pictures! i know thats what attracts most people to these logs...

DAY 17

The cysts from a day ago are coming to surface a bit. 2 of them turned out to be white heads... the blackheads are a bit more pronounced, but i think some are fading while others are just getting more and more pushed out.

the reason i asked the thing about getting harrier is because i'm noticing just a bunch of blackheads on my chest, and i can't tell if their blackheads or hairs? i hope their black heads. they probably are. they're only noticeable when i pull the skin on my chest. its kinda weird. i always noticed that my chest was never smooth or clean, even though i'd get a couple pimples in that area, someting was just not right about it... i guess cause there were all these hidden pimples under...

anyways, everything else is fine, i think i might be experiencing slight joint discomfort. and my lips are getting a lot drier than a few days ago.

i'm just excited for when everything gets pushed out, i'll feel so refreshed :) ahhhh

DAY 18

So yesterday i talked about black heads on my chest and stuff. Well so I have like this sort of peach fuzz mostly all on my chest (this is kinda weird i'm talking in so much detail about this)--anyways... so from those peach fuzzes are where most of these--what appear to be--black heads are. So I gently just pulled at the peach fuzz simply by pinching it and pulling. and i looked at my fingers and i just had a few little baby strands of hair. and i did it repeatedly in a few areas and it was the same thing....

really weird? does this mean the hair follicles are maturing and thicker darker hair is going to come out from here????

another strange thing that i must mention... i don't mean to be grotesque again, i really don't, but i feel like this should be part of the log if anyone in the future reads this. Soooo, the tip of my you-know-what has been redder lately, just the pee-hole part, and i noticed it would kind of be irritated through out the day, when it would touch my boxers and stuff it would hurt. this is the scary part.... today i guess it was so dry or something it stuck to my boxer and i unknowingly pulled away from it and i felt this sharp pain... went to the bathroom to check and i saw there was a little blood... I GOT SCARED... put some moisturizer on it and the redness is going down, im not peeing blood, and all is pretty good right now... in that department

my face is breaking out a bit, those cysts are coming out as white heads, and they are becoming more pronounced so now you can see faint red spots. black heads are still there. i just want all this stuff to get pushed out already!!!

anyways, i'm most curious about my chest, does anyone have a clue what this means??? please?

P.S. I'm not losing hair anywhere else on my body.

(damn a lot is going on right now)

Edited by nicolodi

DAY 20

I guess no one has answers to my inquiries.

Well today, I'm noticing more that I'm actually taking accutane. I'm breaking out a bit, but I want to be careful with the usage of my words, because i don't want to panic anyone who is scared of this portion of the journey. The break outs aren't all that bad. Yea it sucks getting up in the morning and seeing some interesting developments... but if you're already someone who gets acne, these break outs aren't unnatural, they're how you would usually break out i guess. for me its just in random areas of my face, so it makes sense for it to be like that right now. I've got like i don't know 5 actives or something... i just want these black heads to get out already, i think they are what take the longest--white heads and cysts are surprisingly a bit more manageable.

Body is the same, breaking out a bit on the upper shoulder area---this is where i usually break out.. the rest is the same.

I'm noticing some joint and back pain... I think i should go buy some of those supplements, what was it called again? starts with a G...

anyways my skin is drier now, i only wash it once a day, when i shower... yea... till next time

DAY 22

update on blackheads, the ones on my nose are starting to finally go away! still got some coming up from my cheeks and the side of my nose though. Also, more pimples on the left side than the right side. Some little pimples coming up on my temples there were always these red little marks there that i could never get rid of, now i know why.

everything else is the same

DAY 24

so, breaking out a bit more now. face, upper back, and shoulders.

One thing that's kinda weird, and no one seems to have any input on it. i was looking at my face close up with a good strong light. and i noticed there are these little tiny baby hairs on areas of my face where there shouldn't be hair, like my nose, and that general area, down to where my facial hair starts to grow. so i got a tweezer and i just grabbed one of the hairs, without even pulling on it, the hair just fell out. i tried it on a few and they all did the same. other ones were a little more stubborn and i didnt yank at them, i just left them alone.

???????Does ANYONE have any idea what the HELL is happening here?????

Edited by nicolodi