Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mp123boy

Low Self Esteem and Self-consciousness

Hello guys, its been awhile since I last visited this forum. Recently I feel myself being too self-conscious that it is restricting my ability to do ANYTHING. Also low self esteem is a problem for me. So I would like to gather some tips from you guys to overcome the above problems.

Just think positively: your self esteem is so low you can't get any worse so might as well do whatever you want.

I feel this way too often so I hear you. It just sucks the life out of you completely. But my advice would just to be to go out and hang out with friends, EVEN if you have you drag yourself out of the house. No good can come from sitting around and thinking constantly. I've had to push myself out and go somewhere even if it was for an hour. I come home with a fresh mind of clarity. Just don't let your life pass you by, it's too short.

start doing some exercising for example cycling just to out and about in the fresh air, also team sports like football (soccer) etc, or join a gym to meet new people.

healthy body = healthy mind

good luck

I feel this way too often so I hear you. It just sucks the life out of you completely. But my advice would just to be to go out and hang out with friends, EVEN if you have you drag yourself out of the house. No good can come from sitting around and thinking constantly. I've had to push myself out and go somewhere even if it was for an hour. I come home with a fresh mind of clarity. Just don't let your life pass you by, it's too short.

QFT.....

Life's too short. Even though I looked like an idiot, I went out and danced for my buddies b-day. Wing manned him and got all sorts of nice girls to dance with him.

I am the best worst dancer you will ever meet and I guess girls love it. :) (and they think I'm gay, lol, not my fault I wear a tie and a vest to a bar (i guess it is my fault I color match my socks, u mad?) I thought it was going to be a nice place.. oops)

I was so close not going because of my depression, but I'm super glad I dragged myself out of bed and went.... although I'm not going to lie, I feel more alone and depressed than before, after going out to the bar scene.... (first time out to bar in like 2 years)

I agree about exercising but keep a strict relaxed regimen, it feels good when you do it and very rewarding, but when you stop it's tragic to your self esteem, kind of like following a strict diet. At least for me it is...

I need to keep a manageable regimen other wise I get upset when I stop or fail.