Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mizz_dimplezz

Why do most supplements break me out?!!

When I had cystic acne, I took a few supplements that were supposed to be good for the skin and they all broke me out even more. I took them at different times, so it wasn't that i too them all at once. I've taken Flaxseed oil capsules....broke me out, Vitamin C...broke me out, Vitamin E...broke me out...Biotin...broke me out. There was a multivitamin that i also took one time and it also broke me out. I thought it probably had to do with the Biotin in it, since Biotin had broken me out in the past, but there could have been other vitamins in it that could have also contributed to the break outs. I've also taken MSM, which's supposed to be great for the skin and a lot of things pertaining to the body and that also broke me out. And when I say they broke me out, i'm referring to big pimples, not small ones. And i would take them for a period of time, so i didn't just take them for a week or two and then stopped. I tried giving them the chance to work because i know sometimes it takes a while for them to work and your body to get used to them. I'm even taking an OMEGA 3-6-9 right now and i've been breaking out. I'm taking it for overall health and i'm also using an acne cream on my face that has been helping and helping to clear off my marks, so me continue to take it while using the cream's defeating the purpose of the cream, but i'm just curious why this always happens to me. I drink plenty of water, btw. Why do these supplements break me out? What is it about my body that's causing these break outs? Has this ever happened to anyone? Do supplements break you out instead of helping your skin?

When I had cystic acne, I took a few supplements that were supposed to be good for the skin and they all broke me out even more. I took them at different times, so it wasn't that i too them all at once. I've taken Flaxseed oil capsules....broke me out, Vitamin C...broke me out, Vitamin E...broke me out...Biotin...broke me out. There was a multivitamin that i also took one time and it also broke me out. I thought it probably had to do with the Biotin in it, since Biotin had broken me out in the past, but there could have been other vitamins in it that could have also contributed to the break outs. I've also taken MSM, which's supposed to be great for the skin and a lot of things pertaining to the body and that also broke me out. And when I say they broke me out, i'm referring to big pimples, not small ones. And i would take them for a period of time, so i didn't just take them for a week or two and then stopped. I tried giving them the chance to work because i know sometimes it takes a while for them to work and your body to get used to them. I'm even taking an OMEGA 3-6-9 right now and i've been breaking out. I'm taking it for overall health and i'm also using an acne cream on my face that has been helping and helping to clear off my marks, so me continue to take it while using the cream's defeating the purpose of the cream, but i'm just curious why this always happens to me. I drink plenty of water, btw. Why do these supplements break me out? What is it about my body that's causing these break outs? Has this ever happened to anyone? Do supplements break you out instead of helping your skin?

You are taking the wrong ones and in the wrong dosages. IMO of course. Instead of buying individual vitamins, buy a multi. I don't understand the logic people have in buying high doses of something like Vitamin C and leaving the rest of the vitamins behind. You can't give a construction worker a bag full of nails and no wood, and then expect him to build a fence. Get a multi and get that wood along with your nails, and build that fence to acne free success! :genius:

I know that megadosing pantothenic acid with help clear you up , but it can have weird side effects later... I was seeing mild results at 3 grams per day and serious results at 5-6 grams per day. there is some risk long term but it you are desperate..... I uesd the country life brand found at whole foods and found it to work best