Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UKLady

Has anyone made their on Niacinamide Treatment?

Hi there

I've been reading these boards quite a bit over the past few days, getting some ideas and one thing that sounds good is niacinamide (Vit B3 derivative - anti-inflammatory and healing).

There are some acne products out there containing this, but the only one that I can find from a UK supplier is Papulex (they have a range of a gel, cleanser and cream), which I may order, but my reservations are that these products also contain some nasty chemical ingredients, which I would rather avoid. Metazene is another product but not available in UK (also has Parabens in it).

So I read that a few people on here have bought niacinamide in pill or powder from health food shops and mixed their own treatment gel with aloe vera.

Does anyone have an idiot-proof recipe please??

Also, how do you get a powder to mix into a gel properly, doesn't the powder all stay at the bottom of the container? Can you dissolve the powder in water or witch hazel, but then how do you mix that into the aloe vera gel?

Can anyone advise a simple How To guide?

Thanks!