Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmywooo

What to do with white heads on the cheeks?

Hey guys,

I've got some white heads on my cheeks and I couldn't pop them out. don't know other people but for me, they just never go away unless I squeeze them out. If lucky, they won't get inflamed but sometimes I have to wait, and they turn into inflamed acnes which would take weeks to heal.

I've been using BP 2.5% and BHA 2% for a month now but the white heads just don't seem to go away....

I'm also on Minocyline for about a few months which doesn't seem to work anymore...

After you pop them, put a little neosporin over (for a while). You should consider using Salicylic Acid on the spot too (night, over the white head). Try to put some moisturizer, a little bit, with some non-comedonic stuff that can decrease the production of sebum like zinc and linoleic acid. Just a little, because you have a mild case.

Edited by Corsair

I use a toner of 1/2 water, half ACV. That dries them right up in about 1 day. I try not to pop or pick. It just starts a downwards spiral for me.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot for your reply, guys.

So now I'm on holiday and i had been acne free for almost one week until yesterday. The day before yesterday I had wear make up all day and I used my Mum's Sisley cream twice as moisturizer. Then these white heads on the cheeks come all together~~

I picked some last night, then applied BHA, BP2.5%, then ice. They are a bit red this morning and don't go away.

I'm worried now they'll turn into acnes sooner or later...... :ninja:

I'm guessing it is all due to over-moisturizer and the make up. :evil: