Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shoegalclaire

Dermal 500 and Accutane

Hello my fellow acne sufferers,

Just got back from my dermatology appointment - derm very happy with skin and says I have a lovely "colour" to my skin and glow. Excellent. She doesnt think it will be too long now and I have dropped to a low dose of 20mg.

However, she suggested I start using a lotion called Dermal 500 which she has prescribed for me, apparently it has antibacterial properties and she thinks it will help with the remaining deep acne on the sides of my face.

Has anyone else used this? I am from the UK so I dont know if this is available in the US?

Thanks,

Claire :)

Hello my fellow acne sufferers,

Just got back from my dermatology appointment - derm very happy with skin and says I have a lovely "colour" to my skin and glow. Excellent. She doesnt think it will be too long now and I have dropped to a low dose of 20mg.

However, she suggested I start using a lotion called Dermal 500 which she has prescribed for me, apparently it has antibacterial properties and she thinks it will help with the remaining deep acne on the sides of my face.

Has anyone else used this? I am from the UK so I dont know if this is available in the US?

Thanks,

Claire :)

Yes, I have used it. It's great! I really recommend it. It's much milder than soap and gives an outlet for the face-washing OCD I have picked up from my acne, that does not dry it out! I use it all the time. It's great for delicate skin, non-oily-makes your skin beautifully soft and glowing. I first tried it when I had my course of isotretinoin. I'm here to find out how soon you can get a second course of the pills in the UK, any idea? Do you have to try everything else first again before you can get another stint on isotretinoin?

Hi Helen,

Sorry I dont know about the second course thing - I'm only on my first. I do know however that I would've had to wait 6 months for the treatment initially if I hadnt have booked a private consultation with my derm (she then transferred me to the NHS).

I'm guessing you'd have to go back through ur GP? Is your acne returning then?