Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xxx12

Shaving with Cleanser will take much more than 10 seconds.

The guide says to use the cleanser for maximum of 10 seconds.

The guide also says to shave with the cleanser. In the video of that, Dan has the cleanser on for 2 minutes while shaving.

I am confused, if it's best to use for 10 seconds or less then why not use some other shaving cream for shaving?

The 10 seconds isn't how long you should have the cleanser on your face in total, it just refers to how long you should spend applying it and having your hands in contact with your skin. The more time you spend touching your face with your fingers the more you'll be potentially irritating your skin. When it comes to shaving, that's going to irritate your skin too, but it's a necessary evil, unless you like having a beard. So shaving is exempt from the '10 seconds or less touching your face' rule.

There's no limit suggested for how long you should have the cleanser on your face over all, but at night time it takes me a couple of minutes to apply it and remove it with splashed water.

Really? That's not the impression I got from the video where Dan applies the cleanser then washes it off as fast as possible. Can someone clarify?

I don't really see how he could clarify it any further. 10 seconds is the amount of time you can spend rubbing foamy cleanser on your face to CLEAN it. But this doesn't apply to shaving. You can take as long as you need doing that.