Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xxx12

Questions about regimen

With 1 pump (or less) I can fully cover my face with BP and it takes already 20-30 minutes to dry.

Adding an extra pump, I found that it sits there and forms a crusty white layer over my skin unless I go rub it in again half way through drying (which takes so long).

Should I really use 2 pumps or is that too much for my face to absorb?

And, do you normally wait for the BP to dry completely before putting on moisturizer? I assume yes, because whenever I tried putting on the moisturizer prematurely it would cause stinging and I had to wash it all off.

Also, later in the day my skin would remain all glossy from the moisturizer. After probably 10 hours or so (?), it would start "peeling off" if I rubbed on it. Is that the normal experience? Did the moisturizer just dry out, or was it not actually working properly, or what?

Thanks

Edited by sunwolf

Guest Timehealsall
With 1 pump (or less) I can fully cover my face with BP and it takes already 20-30 minutes to dry.

Adding an extra pump, I found that it sits there and forms a crusty white layer over my skin unless I go rub it in again half way through drying (which takes so long).

Should I really use 2 pumps or is that too much for my face to absorb?

And, do you normally wait for the BP to dry completely before putting on moisturizer? I assume yes, because whenever I tried putting on the moisturizer prematurely it would cause stinging and I had to wash it all off.

Also, later in the day my skin would remain all glossy from the moisturizer. After probably 10 hours or so (?), it would start "peeling off" if I rubbed on it. Is that the normal experience? Did the moisturizer just dry out, or was it not actually working properly, or what?

Thanks

i guess it isnt just me. It seems that i always get this white crusty shit on my skin when i am done using BP and i apply moisturizer (acne.org moisturizer). I mean i wait 15-20 minutes after applying BP and i usually rub it in thoroughly. Should i be waiting longer?

When you are applying the BP how long do you spend moving it around your face, so to speak?

I use the tube of BP. When I apply it I keep moving it around, until the whiteness of the gel has basically vanished. Not sure how long this takes - maybe 5 mins? At this point my face is still wet, and takes around 20 mins to dry after that. But I don't have any white crustiness problems.

Maybe you could try applying it in 2 batches - use half and try to get it to absorb into your face, then apply the second batch straight away - just a thought.

With the moisturiser problem, maybe try a different brand? I felt the old Acne.org moisturiser was a bit oily - but that might just be me. I haven't tried the new one. I feel that Cetaphil is a bit wet for a while after I apply, but dries off after a bit. It takes longer tho' if I put some jojoba in it.

Edited by Ellie713

I was just about to quit the regimen, because despite doing everything exactly as listed and waiting 15-20 minutes between application, i was having HUGE problems with flaking and dryness. There was also a good amount of redness which made me look horrible.

However, I accidentally stumbled upon a solution: I find that when I apply moisturizer BEFORE bp, and then again after BP (with jojoba oil this time), my dryness is minimized considerably. Hope this helps.