Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pihstinks

Need HELP

I have these pih marks on my right cheek, nothing severe just like a poke-a-dot. I have been on erythromycin for a month and they have gotten a little better but not where i would be happy with them. Do anyof you have experience with pih and like to give me a timeframe of when this stuff will come to a point where i wont notice it any more. THANKS

Yeah pih marks really suck!! What are you using? Retin-A and azelaid acid have been know to help the with pih marks, but you have to start consistenly using these products for 3-6 months before you notice the effects. Also you may want to moisturize more, this can help as well. If you want some immediate results, I hear that chemical peels and lasers are two options that have been know to work faster than the other options, but of course there are more significant risks that things could get worse. I have never tried chemical peels or lasers before, so I dont have any personal experience with this.

Im not putting any more things on my face. I just wash with antibacterial soap and apply topical erythromycin to kill acne bacteria twice a day. How much time will it take for these marks to heal without additional creams. Not completely heal but get to the point where i wont be bothered by it anymore.