Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After I use the Neutrogena Healthy skin face lotion at my night, my face literally looks like it has no flaws. I'm so happy and I beam and then bam. I wash my face, do my regimen, apply regular Cetaphil, and my skin looks... really good, but not as good as I wanted it. Flaking, scaliness.

The Neutrogena contains AHA and I don't know if if I'm supposed to use it during the day. It is comparative to the Eucerin PLUS lotion, Kat Kerfuffle would be really helpful to answer this question!

Should I use this during the day, too, since I'm relatively sure (Not positive, but should I test it?) That this is the cause of my skin looking so smoothed out (because of the dryness.)

PS: THIS ALSO HAS SPF, AS WELL AS THE AHA!

Sooo? What do you say, y'all?

PS: I love the regimen...99.99999% clear (couple little zits).

I've been using it during the day when I go out. I thought since it has SPF 15 in it, it would be okay. So far, my skin still looks pretty damn good!

So I have zero pimples thanks to the DKR, but my skin still has a yuckish texture, peeling sometimes, roughness, just some ugliness.

Im currently using Cetaphil, and I don't like the moisturizer. I just don't. Uber thick, takes forty minutes to absorb, is super-white, very thick, doesn't moisturize very well, etc.

So, I'm thinking maybe...

Complex15

Lac-Hydrin (Contains AHA.)

Eucerin PLUS (Contains AHA).

I'm just desiring that smooth, hydrated skin with that smooth surface. I should have it, because I have no acne, but I don't, because I have dryness and crusties that make my skin fuglicious.

Anybody else have any better stuff? I don't want to break out, no thank you, and I'm pretty cramped for time in the morning because of work and then school, so I can't wait an hour for anything to absorb like I have to for Cetaphil (Have to go to work with white crap all over my face and just hide for awhile).

Edited by Yvieve

i suggest either Cerave Lotion or Cerave Cream. they r both non-comedogenic. i actually use the cream then add a squirt of the lotion so that its smoother and absorbs easier.

complex 15 is nice but it barelly moisturizers. i would suggest that for someone with really oily skin

Lac Hydrin has good reviews overall and it's one of the products that Dan has recommended as an AHA addition.

I do not know anything about the Eucerin plus, sorry. :( I have heard good things about Complex 15 but I think you'll see a smoother texture if you incorporate an AHA. Since you're clear, it is safe to add in another product. :)

Ooh, CeraVe? I've heard of it, but I didn't know if it was a good idea because some said it broke them out.

I'm pretty much looking at Lac Hydrin or CeraVe, then?

Lac-Hydrin has 5% lactic acid in it which should help with your skin texture and the other things you are unhappy about. It would get my vote.

You might also consider adding in Dan's AHA+ lotion. It's stronger than LHF.

Yeah, I'm thinking Lac-Hydrin or if I can fid it, AmLactin which has 12% Aha, sounds great! Aha really smooths out my skin, when I used to have it. (Neutrogena w/ Aha in it).

But i'm curious about AmLactin... because I only find foot and body cremes on the Walgreens website. Has the face formulation been discontinued or does anyone know if it is to be used on the face as well as the body? I don't see what the difference would be, really, because they both contain AHA and whatever... but, I could be wrong. Don't want a breakout, do we?

Also, I'm still debating with CeraVe. People say it sucks and breaks them out, and though AmLactin only has 9 or so reviews, it got 100% recommended - and Lac-Hydrin got a high review, as well.

I just want that smooth, lovely feeling I crave - what I had as a child, because now my skin is as clear as it was then, just without the gorgeous texture.

Well, go for the AHA. It's going to give you the exfoliation you need. Not CeraVe. ;) I'd go for the Lac Hydrin versus Amlactin if you can find it as it is labeled that it won't cause acne. There are online sellers that sell it. OR, go for Dan's AHA. It's very nice.

I'm going to Walgreens in an hour or so, because I ran out of cleansers and lotion today and don't like them very much anyway. My skin has a bad texture, like I said, dryness, stiffness, some peeling, and an ugly, lumpy look to it, that, If I scratch my skin when its wet, will pull off excess lotion or BP or something that didn't sink in.

After I wash, my skin seems dryer than before I washed. Because of the cleanser, maybe? Not sure, but I'm hoping that is the case, because I want to find a new one!

I'm wondering what you all think are the best drug-store brand washes, to go with my new Lac-Hydrin that I'm getting (probably.)?

xD

Edited by Yvieve

I use exclusively Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Antibacterial BAR. It is excellent for my skin. :P I love it.

Not drying? And I just realized I can't get Lac-Hydrin at Walgreens. :/ So I guess my only options are Eucerin, CeraVe, or Complex15. What do you use?

PS: Today I didn't use moisturizer yet (EEEPS!) because I'm out, and my skin looks SO much better - it looks even, not crackly or anything, but it stiff and not smooth feeling - but looks so much better!

What's the deal? I need a moisturizer that will maintain this gorgeous look, but give me more of the smooth, softness, and slight shine I want (you know, I don't want matte skin ,but not caked oil, either - I want the smoothness that gleams just slightly, just perfectly! LMAO!)

There's also Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion. It has 8% glycolic acid (if I remember correctly). Main downside to it in my opinion is that it is very heavily fragranced.

I actually have Neutrogena Healthy skin face lotion and won't use it during the day - it makes me greasy, oily, terrible looking, red..

It just doesn't work well for me during the day. I use it every night.

defiantly cerave!!!!!!!! it may break some ppl out but that goes for every single facial product out there. search it on google. they have a good website. just google cerave. ull find something. i suggest the lotion and or cream. they are non irritating and give enough moisture

Not drying? And I just realized I can't get Lac-Hydrin at Walgreens. :/ So I guess my only options are Eucerin, CeraVe, or Complex15. What do you use?

Not even a little bit as it has petroleum jelly in it. Don't freak, it's not comedogenic. :P

I use Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15 irregularly. :P Usually none, because I don't do the acne.org regimen, I do my own.

So I really want to buy CeraVe cleanser and CeraVe moisturizer... but I may be a little scared. I'm on the DKR and completely clear, but I'm scared that this may destroy my face? It has a yucky texture right now with these products, so I'm definitely looking for improvement, but these aren't on Dan's recommended products list...

I'm worried.

it won't!! they r both very gentle and have NEVER broken me out and i have VERy sensitive skin. i would try it or at least try one at a time to see how ur skin reacts

I actually have Neutrogena Healthy skin face lotion and won't use it during the day - it makes me greasy, oily, terrible looking, red..

It just doesn't work well for me during the day. I use it every night.

Well then you probably do not need to be using a daytime moisturizer that also has glycolic acid in it. I'd choose something without.

So I'm not going to start using CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, Dan's BP, and CeraVe Moisturizer.

Am I still on the regimen, or...?

I hated Purpose. Caking, dryness, yuck. Gross. I knew it was that that was doing it, because after I would wash it, even if it was silky smooth before, it would be extremely, extremely dry. I tried it with another cleanser before, a friends, and my skin was smoother. Much. Much less dry.

So, I switched. And Cetaphil turned white and tooth forever to absorb.

I'm scared. I'm really scared to make the switch tonight -I'm hoping I won't break out. I thought the same thing when I was switching the Purpose + Cetaphil after using no moisturizer and a friends wash, and I never broke out with those products.

But I'm still nervous! Can anyone tell me that they love CeraVe and that it works wonders, please? Please?

I bought CeraVe cleanser and CeraVe moisturizer - so far so good (I spot tested on my cheeks a little - lovely feeling. Wow.) And so I hope that it will not break me out! Because of the DKR I don't break out anymore!

I have merged three of your topics together. It's best to keep similar ones in one thread.