Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DerekHazAcne

What Can I Eat?

Im having a really hard time figuring out what i should eat. Im 17 and ive had acne since i was 13. Someone please tell me what exactly is good for acne. If anyone could give me a list of what they eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner it would be great! I would really appreciate it! PLEASE!

In general eat a low GI diet, that means avoid foods that will raise your blood sugar levels too fast, white bread and white pasta, refined flours, most processed carbohydrates, avoid sugar and variations of.

Eat lots of veg and fruit (but not too much) for nutrients and also you might want to try avoiding the Big 8 most common allergens for a while and see if they effect you. These are

-

* Milk

* Eggs

* Peanuts

* Tree nuts (such as almonds, cashews, walnuts)

* Fish (such as bass, cod, flounder)

* Shellfish (such as crab, lobster, shrimp)

* Soy

* Wheat

You might want to try cutting out dairy and seeing if you get any benefits from that, lots of people break out from dairy.

Basically Id suggest you have a good luck on the Nutrition and Holistic boards, lots of superb info there, but if you do decide to go down the acne diet route, be warned its a long long journey and you'll be constantly learning what your body can tolerate. But it might really pay off for you if you stick at it.

Thanks JoeBloggs alot. But do you think you could tell me what you do eat, not exactly what you avoid. Thanks again i would really appreciate it. Or anyone else who could answer my question please help me.

Eat foods that are low in sugar, salt and not spicy. Look at labels when your eating stuff. Any fruits and veggies are great for you. Greens are the best for you. Almonds are very good for your skin. Dont eat dairy. So that means no cheese, milk, cream cheese, butter, etc. Try it and see if it helps. Fish, chicken, beef are all good for you. Also DONT TOUCH YOUR FACE. You might also consider supplements. Zinc, Omega 3 and 6 fish oil, vitamin B complex, vitamin D.

Edited by Murph89