Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OmgiitsEmma

Do you ever...

Today my skin was soooo dry that my entire jaw and both of my cheeks had flakes fallling off. my skin looked scaly and gross. I even called my dad to pick me up early from school because it was so embarrassing. I use everything i am suppose to. (plenty of moisturizer and the oil that dan suggests. and I use A LOT of it). When your skin is really dry do you ever just put BP on the spots where you have breakouts for a few days?

I am almost at the 2 month point. will my skin ever stop being so dry. ugh

Well for me, I get acne on my forehead and lower cheeks.

Been that way for 2-3 years or so.

Never gotten a pimple anywhere else, so I've been doing the regimen only on my forehead and lower cheeks.

So I guess to answer your question, I always put BP on the spots where I have breakouts, never anywhere else.

It's been working great for me! hope I helped.

Guest Timehealsall

yea i noticed that as well. I hate putting BP all over my face because it gets so fucking dry and flaky and especially on areas where i don't have breakouts yet. I wonder how long the dryness/flakiness will last for? I have been on the regimen for about a month and the dryness is pissing me off! I sometimes go crazy and massage the flakes off (Gently obviously), but still it feels like i might be irritating my face.

What you're describing is exactly what in experiencing. I'll be at the 2 month mark in a few days and although I no longer get stinging or redness from bp, I got horrible flakiness. By the end of the day I cant even look people in the eye because even though I'm basically clear I have flakes everywhere! And I just want to stay hidden. And if I make any effort to get the flakes off it causes more flakes to appear and I just don't know what to do about it. I'm really hoping that these symptoms that we both have will fade with time

yeah i hope so as well :/ . since we are experiencing the same problem and are basically at the same point in the regimen keep in touch with me so we can talk about whats going on with our skin (:

i'm having the EXACT same problem/situation! i'm at the 2 month point, and i cant not explain how badly dry my skin is! it makes putting on any foundation a nightmare.. the flakes are out of control! and i've tried exfloliating with jojoba oil and it helps, but only minimally.. still horrible flakes by the end of the day. i wanna know the same answer.. when does the dryness stop?!?!

It is so hard for me to put on makeup because it seems to make my skin look even more flakey and scaly. It's so frustrating because its just as embarrassing as having acne. I can't even look people in the eye when I am talking to them because I know they are staring at my insanely dry skin.

i feel the same exact way. i try to avoid eye contact at all costs! i feel like lately im not my usual happy self because im just constantly thinking about how awful my skin looks... :confused:

hmm, well im at 6 week, and im not "that clear" but i still have hopes cuz its been minimizing my pimples,, so yeah, i just put ALOT and i eamn ALOT of BP on my face like cheeks and my forehead WITHOUT! moisturizer when im at home,, but when i go outside,, i put like not much but just a layer of moisturizer,, now my face is REALLY flaky haha but it doesnt hurt anymore,

it useto REALLY HURT AND BREAKOUTS EVERYwhere but now its fine and it started like last week? so it hurt like 1-4 weeks of starting Dan routine, well not really same products but almost,,

...it really sounds like you guys jumped into too much BP too quickly...Did you guys all start off very slowly, using only half a pump of BP? I would highly recommend going back on the amount of BP you use for a few weeks

...it really sounds like you guys jumped into too much BP too quickly...Did you guys all start off very slowly, using only half a pump of BP? I would highly recommend going back on the amount of BP you use for a few weeks

Actually, I'm having major flake problems too, and I did the 4 week ramp up of BP AND have been on the regimen since about the 1st of august.

I had major problems with the flakes& dryness within my 2nd month too. It's just a stage you'll have to deal with. It sucks, but you'll get through it. Trust me, I'm in my 3rd month now and I don't really have anymore problems with dryness or flakes.

If you have any other issues you should definitely check out Kat's very last update thats pinned at the top of this section. She's basically a lifesaver when it comes to having any questions about the regime.

-Geraldine