Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JoeBloggs

Scarring looking worse due to lack of sleep?

Dont know whether to put this in the nutrition forum or scarring forum....

Anyways I was just wondering, for people with acne scarring, do you find that when you dont get enough sleep the night before, your acne scarring seem more pronounced during the day?

If I get a good 9 - 10 hours of sleep my scars dont look too bad, but if I only get like 3 or 4 hours sleep, my skin and scars will look terrible, really ragged and rough. Anyone else notice this?

And why is it that this happens?

i remember after masssssive nights out i used to come home and look at myself in the mirror and id be all ragged, rough looking and something that crawled out of some gutter.

i always assumed it was the loss of moisture caused by the drinking, the sweat which makes scars look deeper and the red eyes. the tightness factor sounds interesting and you are probably right there too.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

i remember after masssssive nights out i used to come home and look at myself in the mirror and id be all ragged, rough looking and something that crawled out of some gutter.

i always assumed it was the loss of moisture caused by the drinking, the sweat which makes scars look deeper and the red eyes. the tightness factor sounds interesting and you are probably right there too.

Yeah dehydration definately makes the scars look worse for me, I hate it on days where I dont get enough sleep, I always know Im going to wake up looked rough and ragged.

Funny you should mention red eyes aswell, whenever my eyes are red or bloodshot it kind of makes the red marks on my skin stand out more I think

lol yeah mate - red eyes definitely makes red skin stand out more. its the same with clothes, dont ever wear red as it will bring out the scars redness too. i wear blue instead (colour of my eyes) and i prefer to bring out that colour. i guess you could do the same with hair, normal skin tone and all that too.

on that the topic of drinking, do we know if the new vodka cruisers (the sugarless ones) still cause breakouts?

i used to drink the sugared ones and broke out like mad for like a week afterwards, the same whenever i drank beer...altho beer is nicer.

As long as I sleep like 5 hours my scars will always look great in the morning due to the skin being moist... however, after clubbing at night, yeah its pretty bad!