Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im thinking about starting to use creatine...but i have a problem

Does it interfere with acne/does it work?

Is there better things to use for strength training? (ive heard about whey protein)

Is there better things to use for strength training? (ive heard about whey protein)

Yes creatine works. I went from squatting just the bar (45lbs) to over 400lbs in a very short amount of time. Whey protein is good but a solid diet that is consistent everyday is the best way to get huge fast. Good luck!

Yes creatine works. I went from squatting just the bar (45lbs) to over 400lbs in a very short amount of time. Whey protein is good but a solid diet that is consistent everyday is the best way to get huge fast. Good luck!

So creatine doesnt interfere with Acne at all? People have been telling me that Creatine and some also say whey makes it worse..

is this true/if it isnt tell me why..

Thank you so much

So creatine doesnt interfere with Acne at all? People have been telling me that Creatine and some also say whey makes it worse..

Sorry for the double post

Thank you so much

Edited by lovelost

Sorry for the double post

Thank you so much

If it is just mono creatine (pure creatine without additives like sugar), it does nothing to skin. Whey might affect acne if you are allergic to the ingredients in a particular whey protein supplement brand. Just follow the directions on creatine usage. More is not better.

Creatine mono is fine. The only bad products are ones that load up on sugar for the insulin spike, which is silly. For the money, creatine is probably one of the best supplements you can buy. It's cheap, proven effective with no negative side effects.

Of course, do not expect miracles or think creatine is on the same level of steroids (like many people think it is). Creatine gives me that extra little boost, which is golden when it comes to weghtlifting since the entire sport is based on small degrees of improvement.

As always, do not get too caught up in supplements, which is easy to do. If in doubt, spend money on food or supplements that make you healthier in general (fish oil, probiotics, maybe an antioxidant blend). Your diet will produce 95% of your food/supplement related gains. Spend money on supplements that improve your health and make you feel better, imo.

Creatine mono is fine. The only bad products are ones that load up on sugar for the insulin spike, which is silly. For the money, creatine is probably one of the best supplements you can buy. It's cheap, proven effective with no negative side effects.

Of course, do not expect miracles or think creatine is on the same level of steroids (like many people think it is). Creatine gives me that extra little boost, which is golden when it comes to weghtlifting since the entire sport is based on small degrees of improvement.

As always, do not get too caught up in supplements, which is easy to do. If in doubt, spend money on food or supplements that make you healthier in general (fish oil, probiotics, maybe an antioxidant blend). Your diet will produce 95% of your food/supplement related gains. Spend money on supplements that improve your health and make you feel better, imo.

Thank you guys so much.

one last question

What is creatine mono?

creatine monohydrate.

Creatine comes in different forms. There is also creatine ethyl ester (CEE) which is more expensive and tastes like vomit. Some people claim it is better, but creatine monohydrate works fine for the majority of people and will suit your purposes.

creatine monohydrate.

Creatine comes in different forms. There is also creatine ethyl ester (CEE) which is more expensive and tastes like vomit. Some people claim it is better, but creatine monohydrate works fine for the majority of people and will suit your purposes.

what about this?

http://www.amazon.com/Body-Fortress-Creati...h/dp/B0011UYVBM

You'd be better off getting any supplement you want from Bodybuilding dot com. Most of their supplements won't destroy your body lol. Plus they discontinue products that have been recalled.

creatine monohydrate.

what about this?

http://www.amazon.com/Body-Fortress-Creati...h/dp/B0011UYVBM

You'd be better off getting any supplement you want from Bodybuilding dot com. Most of their supplements won't destroy your body lol. Plus they discontinue products that have been recalled.

I cant order anything more off the internet

all i got is a GNC and walmart to choose from..

Unfortunately creatine does effect acne. From personal experience i know that a monohydrate creatine will worsen acne. Im not exactly sure why but both my buddy and i took the same creatine and i noticed that both of our acne had worsened.

Yeah, I have the same experience. Took creatine for a short while when I was 15, and I got absolutely huge, but it had a major correlation with breakouts. When I started breaking out again more than a year later, I immediately cut out milk, thinking the creatine in it was causing the breakouts. Probably wasn't, but I'm definitely not taking creatine again until I'm clear.

Thank you guys so much.

one last question

What is creatine mono?

It's the primary component in most steroids. You'll get jacked fibraz in a matter of days, but consequences will never be the same.

(not srs)

Just means they bind the creatine with water. There are other types of creatine available which are bound to different substances, but you won't really notice the difference to justify the jacked up price...no pun intended.

If you're going to buy creatine, make sure whichever one you buy is the only ingredient they use. It won't only prevent you from putting a bunch of worthless garbage in your body, especially when it comes to dat dere prop blends, it's MUCH cheaper. 1000g of creatine mono can easily be purchased for 15-20 bucks (+5 for shipping)

Another guideline, if it's endorsed by a pro bodybuilder, don't buy it, since that contract is what you're really paying for. Quality won't be any better, might even be worse than the competition, or full of "secret ingredients".

Edited by Jërëmÿn

Thank you guys so much.

one last question

What is creatine mono?

It's the primary component in most steroids. You'll get jacked fibraz in a matter of days, but consequences will never be the same.

(not srs)

Just means they bind the creatine with water. There are other types of creatine available which are bound to different substances, but you won't really notice the difference to justify the jacked up price...no pun intended.

If you're going to buy creatine, make sure whichever one you buy is the only ingredient they use. It won't only prevent you from putting a bunch of worthless garbage in your body, especially when it comes to dat dere prop blends, it's MUCH cheaper. 1000g of creatine mono can easily be purchased for 15-20 bucks (+5 for shipping)

Another guideline, if it's endorsed by a pro bodybuilder, don't buy it, since that contract is what you're really paying for. Quality won't be any better, might even be worse than the competition, or full of "secret ingredients".

thanks...have you guys seen any good creatine at walmart?

They might have Twinlab's creatine mono or something there.

GNC would have a wider selection of supplements, but I don't know if they will have too many to choose from straight creatine mono, since they push a lot of the proprietary crap. They'll probably have Twinlab and Optimum Nutrition at the very least. Will also cost twice as much as BB.com or something like that, but if you can't order online, then you can't order online, so you just have to make the best with what's available to you. Just look at the nutrition label, you just want to see the one ingredient.

thanks...what ingerdient is that?

jut making sure

Creatine???

lol this^

Same if you're getting caffeine, BCAAs, glutamine or anything like that. When it comes to supplements, less is more

Not that they're all that necessary, but you might as well get the best bang for your buck and the best product available.

thanks...what ingerdient is that?

jut making sure

Creatine???

lol this^

Same if you're getting caffeine, BCAAs, glutamine or anything like that. When it comes to supplements, less is more

Not that they're all that necessary, but you might as well get the best bang for your buck and the best product available.

So...for creatine the more expensive is better?

No. All you want to look for is a creatine monohydrate. That's what the label should say, that's the only ingredient you want to see in the nutrition facts. If it says a scoop is 5 grams, it should say a serving contains 5 grams of creatine monohydrate.

Only issue which price matters is if you want to buy from a really well known company, like ON or something like that, which will be a little more expensive. See what's available for you, and look it up before you buy it. Go on bodybuilding and weight lifting forums to find user reviews, or even proof of label claims.

jesus, dude. Either do more reading on the subject, or do not even mess with supplements until you acquire some knowledge on the subject. Supplements do not really matter if your routine, diet and lifestyle are not in order, and judging from your constant asking of the same questions over and over, those components probably suck, too. You just need to start reading and studying and stop asking everyone to do your work for you. Asking for help is fine, but you need to learn how to research and figure things out on your own, otherwise you are going to be stuck in a cycle of no progress forever. I suggest starting now.

Yeah I would journey on the outskirts of acne.org and tag along to some of the BB forums for that. You can't really go wrong with creatine in most cases. I would first learn when to take it, @ what doses per your lbs, maintenance dose/loading dose(iffy), when to cycle, take it with juice and use a straw. You can cycle it, you might not want to as well. Creatine has been studied to help with cognitive abilities, so you can stay on it for that purpose, but that's up to you. You might research micronized creatine or CREApure (quality), which I think that's most of ON's product line.

No. All you want to look for is a creatine monohydrate. That's what the label should say, that's the only ingredient you want to see in the nutrition facts. If it says a scoop is 5 grams, it should say a serving contains 5 grams of creatine monohydrate.

Only issue which price matters is if you want to buy from a really well known company, like ON or something like that, which will be a little more expensive. See what's available for you, and look it up before you buy it. Go on bodybuilding and weight lifting forums to find user reviews, or even proof of label claims.

Thank you for your help

jesus, dude. Either do more reading on the subject, or do not even mess with supplements until you acquire some knowledge on the subject. Supplements do not really matter if your routine, diet and lifestyle are not in order, and judging from your constant asking of the same questions over and over, those components probably suck, too. You just need to start reading and studying and stop asking everyone to do your work for you. Asking for help is fine, but you need to learn how to research and figure things out on your own, otherwise you are going to be stuck in a cycle of no progress forever. I suggest starting now.

I do alot of research on my own...and thank you for the help...