Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lovelost

Exercise Thread

Ive noticed how there isnt a thread that i could find that Its sole purpose is about exercise

Im starting to exercise 6 days a week

3 of those days i do an hour-to-hour-and-a-half of cardio

and the other three days im going to do wieght training for all over my body

Can i get help with an exercise regimen?

Any and ALL help is welcome..

Thanks

Ive noticed how there isnt a thread that i could find that Its sole purpose is about exercise

Thanks

There is one in the Lounge Forum. It over 40 pages now. Good luck!

Thanks

There is one in the Lounge Forum. It over 40 pages now. Good luck!

I looked and i cant find it.

Would you please post a link?

I would suggest some interval training for cardio instead of long steady state like you mentioned. The following video summarizes my thoughts on the subject:

">

Listen to Ariventa. He knows what's up. Me and him practically wrote the book on how to exercise efficiently and get real results. :genius:

So what would you recommend for interval training

Also what about strength training?

Interval training can be anything you want depending on equipment.

Sprint for 50-100 yards then walk for a minute. Repeat.

Stairmaster - Move resistance/speed up and down. Do level 10 for a minute, then level 5 for a minute. Repeat.

Elliptical - same as above.

Keep total training time to 10-25 minutes.

Start off slow. Keep the first sessions to about 6-8 minutes and add two minutes per week.

You can pretty much use interval training for anything and there are tons of ways to incorporate this style of training.

Interval training can be anything you want depending on equipment.

Sprint for 50-100 yards then walk for a minute. Repeat.

Stairmaster - Move resistance/speed up and down. Do level 10 for a minute, then level 5 for a minute. Repeat.

Elliptical - same as above.

Keep total training time to 10-25 minutes.

Start off slow. Keep the first sessions to about 6-8 minutes and add two minutes per week.

You can pretty much use interval training for anything and there are tons of ways to incorporate this style of training.

Well, i am blessed to have exercise equipment room in my apt. complex

We have for cardio:

A stationary bike

treadmeal (it is able to go to fifteen degree incline, would that be good for the interval training?)

and a elptical machine

Should i do the interval training everyday?

if you guys could help with with exercise regimen i would be eternally grateful

Edited by lovelost

Here:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-Acne...67#entry2661867

Working out like you described (and most people do) is mostly wasted effort, and causes inflammation, oxidative stress and elevates cortisol. You need to be active every day. But Intense activity should be limited to shorter duration and/or a few times per week.

Edited by alternativista

You should incorporate weights and body resistance in between your cardio sets. For example, do 20 minutes of cardio, do a few sets of different arm excercises, do another 20 minutes of cardio, do a few sets of some ab excercises, do another 20 minutes of cardio, do a few sets of squats. Thighs are the best to work out, squats suck and will hurt initially if you are not used to them but in the long run burn the most calories for the biggest pay-off and you won't be as sore the second, third, etc. time around.

This will also keep you from getting bored as i know for me, it's really hard to stick out 1 hr of straight cardio (unless i'm outside of course). This type of training overall also burns the optimal amt of calories. I typically stretch after the first 20 minutes of cardio (after your muscles are warmed up and therefore looser, don't skimp out on this or you will pay for it) and then at the end of my workout.

Also if you don't have an hour and a half to go through these, which on most days i know i dont, just cut down the time and sets. So you can do 10 minutes of cardio followed by weights/resistance or whatever fits in the time you have alotted.

You should incorporate weights and body resistance in between your cardio sets. For example, do 20 minutes of cardio, do a few sets of different arm excercises, do another 20 minutes of cardio, do a few sets of some ab excercises, do another 20 minutes of cardio, do a few sets of squats. Thighs are the best to work out, squats suck and will hurt initially if you are not used to them but in the long run burn the most calories for the biggest pay-off and you won't be as sore the second, third, etc. time around.

This will also keep you from getting bored as i know for me, it's really hard to stick out 1 hr of straight cardio (unless i'm outside of course). This type of training overall also burns the optimal amt of calories. I typically stretch after the first 20 minutes of cardio (after your muscles are warmed up and therefore looser, don't skimp out on this or you will pay for it) and then at the end of my workout.

Also if you don't have an hour and a half to go through these, which on most days i know i dont, just cut down the time and sets. So you can do 10 minutes of cardio followed by weights/resistance or whatever fits in the time you have alotted.

well i have a brand new rec center acroos the street from me

but our work out center at my apt. has cardio machines but only like five strength training machines

so i was intially planning to do my cardio one day and strength training another

whats your thoughts?

and btw i have around two hours a day were i could fit in exercise

thanks

Here:

Working out like you described (and most people do) is mostly wasted effort, and causes inflammation, oxidative stress and elevates cortisol. You need to be active every day. But Intense activity should be limited to shorter duration and/or a few times per week.

Could you give me a few examples please?

Here:

Walking interspersed with 30 second or so sprints or 50 yard spring, steep hills or stairs. Weightlifting, just not hour long sessions. If you'll click on the link, and read, you will find links to Mark's daily apple blog that has all kinds of sample workouts. One intense workout meant to be done only once or twice a week involves a 50 yard sprint, then you crawl half way back, then stand up and do walking lunges the rest of the way, then repeat.

And you said you couldn't find a thread dedicated to exercise, and I provided a link to one. Did you try it?

Edited by alternativista

well i have a brand new rec center acroos the street from me

but our work out center at my apt. has cardio machines but only like five strength training machines

so i was intially planning to do my cardio one day and strength training another

whats your thoughts?

and btw i have around two hours a day were i could fit in exercise

thanks

This is totally personal preference, but i think that body resistance is the best way to go anyway, especially initially. Once you tone and decide you want to build more muscle, then you can incorporate the weights. So do push-ups, pull-ups and variations of squats, crunches, and planks in between your cardio sets which you can find online. I used to do the machines but i don't anymore because i belong to a smaller gym now and a lot of meatheads hog them. I have found that i prefer going in the classroom and doing my own thing anyway, keeps it interesting and keeps me moving constantly :).

For a more 'efficient' workout, it's best to alternate cardio with weight/resistance training; however as long as your moving, that's all that really matters so just get into the routine that best suits you and you will feel great regardless.

Here:

Walking interspersed with 30 second or so sprints or 50 yard spring, steep hills or stairs. Weightlifting, just not hour long sessions. If you'll click on the link, and read, you will find links to Mark's daily apple blog that has all kinds of sample workouts. One intense workout meant to be done only once or twice a week involves a 50 yard sprint, then you crawl half way back, then stand up and do walking lunges the rest of the way, then repeat.

And you said you couldn't find a thread dedicated to exercise, and I provided a link to one. Did you try it?

I did....and i thank you alot for it...i just need help with a personalized one...