Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ajaykay

Small skin color bumps

Hey Guys,

Since about the start of this year I have noticed I have heaps of small skin colored bumps mostly on my cheeks. You can't see them from a distance or in photos, only when you are close up to a mirror or if there is light shining on you. If you try squeezing them, a thin white stringy thing comes tangeling out.

I leave them alone most of the time but when I'm annoyed at my skin I try squeezing them. What can I do to get rid of these?

Thanks

I have this same problem. They are usually the most prominent after exfoliating my face. I am going to try avoiding this for a week and see if that helps any. Someone also told me to use head and shoulders classic clean on this and it would help, have no tried it yet but I will let you know how that goes

If they're not visible, it doesn't hurt to leave them alone, but when I've had problems like this before, they usually *can* be picked without any residual after-effects.

I have the same issue. I would avoid at all cost picking these suckers. I am skin picker and from my experience it makes things way worse. Non inflamed skin becomes red and inflamed. Plus the plug usually comes back anyways. Also you are breaking down collagen and promoting wrinkles... not to mention the fact that you can permanently misshape your pores and than they will really be clogged and large. It's a slippery slope. Take some advice from me and don't pick! Try using AHA and BHA on them. Good luck!

I have the exact same problem. They came out of no where in May 2010. In my opinon, these suckers are the hardest to treat, but the first line of defense should be a chemical exfoliant and avoid physical exfoliants, they will only make the problem worse, as these type of pimples are deep.

I'm using Retin A (the weakest strength) and they are virutally gone, but it has taken, umm, let's see, I think I've been on it now 4 months and I didn't start seeing marked improvement until after the third month, so if you have patience and endurance, I would recommend Retin A, or something along those lines. And, just and FYI, my face got SO MUCH WORSE when I first started this product. Some people don't have bad initial break outs, but I think most people have some type of IB from Retin A. It's a purging effect. IMO, that is why Retin A has mediocre reviews because most negative reviews come from people that give up during the IB or don't give it enough time to work.

Flesh colored pimples tend to occur because the skin cells are not "turning over" at a sufficient rate, thereby trapping in oils, bacteria, etc.

One major difference, though, between your description of pimples and my experience, is that most of mine (90%) could not be squeezed. Nothing would come out, and it would turn into a HUGE, red inflammed pimple if I tried to squeeze. Even if they do come out easy, please don't squeeze. OMG - you can really hurt your skin and cause permanent damage.

Good luck.

Edited by *ShiningStar*

What type of cleanser should I exfoliate with? I only have these on my forhead, thank God, but I just must get rid of them, they're driving me mad. Yesterday at a health food store, I bought Dr.Hauschka Deep Cleansing Gentle Exfoliant. I hope this works, if it doesn't what do I do? Help!

Alright so, for the past month I have been using this stuff called Black Soap. For the past few days, I've been consentrating on washing my forhead as throroughly as possible. I just gently go in a circular motion with my hand, lathering the soap. This is working, slowly, but i can feel the bumps getting smaller. Try it!