Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revelry

Starting today

Hello there,

So I'm going to keep a progress log too. Let me just tell a little something about myself.

I'm 19 and I've had acne since I was about 12 years old. It actually wasn't that bad till I turned 18.. Just about the time I was expecting it would all go away :( I also scar really easily, so I have a whole lot of red and brown/purple marks.

I've been to the doctor several times and got several lotions and cremes, but nothing worked, or it just worked for a short period of time. I'm also on birth control since I was 16, but that didn't really seem to change my skin a lot..

So this regimen is actually my last resort before I'm going to ask my doctor for accutane (which he is really strongly against).

I just wish I could go out the door without first putting all my make up on and then still being insecure about my skin.

Well anyway I started the regimen this morning and it went well I guess.. No irration or flakiness, but that might come later on.. I did found I had to put só much moisturizer on my skin :| But oh well, that's not really a problem.

Oh and I'm from The Netherlands by the way, so my english might not be flawless :P

Ok I suck at keeping a log.

But today is the beginning of my second week and my skin looks TERRIBLE xd

The first week went really well and my skin started clearing up already, although I was really red. But now my face is extremely blotchy.. I have dark patches and they're peeling of as if I had a sunburn. My face is also very dry and the red marks seem more red than ever (if that's even possible). Have quite a lot of little bumps and two tiny whiteheads.

Ok so I'll be posting more this week.

Day 9

Skin is hurting and very blotchy and dry.

Ouch :(

I wish you the best of luck on your regimen! Are you using enough moisturizer?

Thanks! And yes I'm using tons xd Also mixed with jojoba oil.

But I think I might be using a little bit too much bp.. I have the tube and I find it quite hard to get the right amount.

I'm kind of waiting for the second week break out now (actually I'm secretly hoping I don't get it), but so far I've had no new break outs since the first day of the regimen :)

Thanks! And yes I'm using tons xd Also mixed with jojoba oil.

But I think I might be using a little bit too much bp.. I have the tube and I find it quite hard to get the right amount.

I'm kind of waiting for the second week break out now (actually I'm secretly hoping I don't get it), but so far I've had no new break outs since the first day of the regimen :)

Good luck, I've managed to avoid any serious problems as well a week into the regimen so far. :cool: Keep us updated! :clap:

Edited by Sandman21

Thanks and good luck for you as well then :D

Day 10

This morning I soaked a cotton ball with jojoba oil and gently rubbed it over my face so that the loose skin could come of, so now my skin looks a lot better (though there are still some patches). I did get a zit on my chin, not too big though but still there (grrrr :evil:).

Skin still very dry but not so red anymore :)

Never mind.. My skin is really red, especially under me eye area on my cheekbones and also all my red marks are extremely red.

Weird thing is it looks like the bp is making me darker.. The skin on my face was always lighter than my neck, but now they're the same color. And there is absolutely NO SUN here and I've haven't been outside a lot. I don't really mind, but I just noticed.

Day 11

Feel like I have more bumps on my face, no whiteheads though. Face is still red and blotchy and a lot of flakiness under my eyebrows.

Skin overall just looks like crap.

Day 12

My skin is completely peeling of :o Is that normal? Still looks really blotchy and kinda gross.

Still no break out though :)

Day 14

And there it is.. I have two zits on my chin, one on my forehead and some tiny little ones on my cheeks <_<

Well let's hope they'll go away fast!

Day 15

Mweh skin is not looking so great. The zits are still in place and I'm flaky and red.

I only had like 3 or 4 hours sleep last night, so that might contribute to my crappy appearance.

Started using a bit more bp again and my face turned red like a tomato! Thank god it faded in a few hours..

Day 17

I did something bad yesterday.. I scrubbed my face pretty harsh. But the blotchiness was just driving me crazy and it just looked disgusting and I just couldn't face anyone like that.

So my face is pretty smooth now but I think I created some new red marks <_<

No break outs though so that's nice :)

Day 21

Redness has finally subsided, blotchiness is less but still here <_<

Got one zit on my forehead and a few tiny bumps on my cheeks.

The red marks are really bothering me.. I just have this feeling they are not going to fade.. Or at least not completely.

Starting week 4 tomorrow and week 5 I want to start with AHA+, maybe it'll help with my marks :)

Day 26

I am proud to say, I don't have any acne at the moment :D

Skin is still slighty red and blotchy and red marks are definitely present, but at least no bumps.

Hopefully it will only get better from here on out :)

Day 29

Still no acne, but I'm really starting to notice other flaws on my face.. When I had acne that was always the ugliest thing on my face, but now I have these huge pores that look like tiny ice pick scars and all those redmarks and some hyperpigmentation.

Blegh why can't I just have perfect skin and why can't I just let it go xd

Day 31

Mini break out on my forehead, besides that I'm still clear.. But my skin overall just looks like crap <_< I don't really know what is, I think the combination of (sometimes) dry skin and large pores en still some skin peeling of and of course my lovely red marks. I'm going to start using AHA+ for 2/3 times a week starting monday, maybe that will help my skin look a little better.

Oh btw I've been counting the days wrong.. Stupid xd But whatever from now on it's accurate, it's day 31 now.

LOL I am bad at math too!

AHA should help- don't lose hope. No one has perfect skin.

"Have no fear of perfection– you’ll never reach it."

-Salvador Dali

That's very true.. Doesn't mean I still wish I could though xd But hey, there are more important things! I do realize that :P

Mweh I only have 5 hours left to sleep :mellow:

Day 34

After 3,5 years of using birth control I am quitting today! The main reason, or actually the only one, is because my hair has been getting thinner and thinner and although I can't be sure it's because of bc, I have a feeling it is and I just want to know if my hair will grow back when I quit.

Now, I actually don't know what effect bc has on my acne, cause I started when I was 16 and I didn't really have bad acne then.. So I hope I won't break out and discover I actually have severe acne but bc was suppressing that :|

Well, we'll see :o Oh and I just applied AHA for the first time.. Is it suppose to be moisterizing? Cause my face is really tight and doesn't feel moisterized at all. Can I add jojoba oil to AHA? And it didn't sting at all.. Maybe I applied too little.. Oh well, I'll try again in a few days :)

Hi Revelry!

From what I've heard, it's very common to experience a breakout once going off birth control. But hopefully since you've already been on the regimen for a bit it won't be so bad--or won't happen at all! Just don't get too discouraged if it does happen--it's very normal. Even though I know there's a lot more to good skin than just being acne-free, I'm still looking forward to getting to the point where I'm noticing flaws on my face OTHER than pimples! Good luck to you!

Thanks! Haha yes noticing other things than acne is actually a good thing :P Although I do have some tiny zits now, but most of them aren't even noticable I can only feel a little bump.

I discovered some blonde hairs in my black eyebrows today when tweezing them.. Looks kinda weird xd I should do a better job avoiding my eyebrows with the bp I guess.

No real changes further, I just have this weird dark dried blood spot :S It's completely flat and I didn't even have a pimple there.. I just appeared out of nowhere.. Hopefully it will go away soon!