Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, I haven't been a member on this forum for so long, but my name is Tommy. Hi everyone hehe, I noticed that NO ONE likes to post pictures of themselves on a post or anything. I also noticed that people that "think" they have really bad acne scars, is actually mediocre and close to nothing. I have made a post, and I posted my pictures. I consider myself to have close to severe acne. I see alot of people with such a negative outlook in life because of their scars. You feel that people judge you because of your scars; that might be true to a certain extent, but YOU are actually the one that judges yourself the most. YOU are the one that needs to overcome yourself. YOU are your biggest enemy trying to overcome yourself. Just because you have scars doesn't mean you can't get a girlfriend or wife. Confidence is "attractive" and it really is. If you can prove to that girl that you have no confidence issues despite your scars, she will really find that attractive. Even though I have severe acne scars, I still been in many relationships. I've asked her before doesn't my scars bother you ? She said that my confidence overcomes that, and she feels that my confidence makes me that much more attractive than a normal guy. Your confidence is very important. The only time I lose confidence is because of "MYSELF", I am the person that judges me the most.

Hello, I haven't been a member on this forum for so long, but my name is Tommy. Hi everyone hehe, I noticed that NO ONE likes to post pictures of themselves on a post or anything. I also noticed that people that "think" they have really bad acne scars, is actually mediocre and close to nothing. I have made a post, and I posted my pictures. I consider myself to have close to severe acne. I see alot of people with such a negative outlook in life because of their scars. You feel that people judge you because of your scars; that might be true to a certain extent, but YOU are actually the one that judges yourself the most. YOU are the one that needs to overcome yourself. YOU are your biggest enemy trying to overcome yourself. Just because you have scars doesn't mean you can't get a girlfriend or wife. Confidence is "attractive" and it really is. If you can prove to that girl that you have no confidence issues despite your scars, she will really find that attractive. Even though I have severe acne scars, I still been in many relationships. I've asked her before doesn't my scars bother you ? She said that my confidence overcomes that, and she feels that my confidence makes me that much more attractive than a normal guy. Your confidence is very important. The only time I lose confidence is because of "MYSELF", I am the person that judges me the most.

In a way, I think our skin problems make us extremely self centered and that in itself is a major problem. A life won't suddenly be more meaningful with perfect skin. Life would feel easier, but not more fulfilled. The things that can make us happy exist all the same with imperfect skin, it simply requires the confidence to go for it.

hey THX, that is very true. Our imperfect skin, does make us more self conscious and at the same time more self centered. We think we are the one to be pitied because we have imperfect skin. We think everyone sees our selves as disgusting or ugly. But in reality, you are the one that feels ugly of your self. I've seen some post of people thinking so negative of themselves and their acne scarring is NOT even nearly as bad as mine. Your acne scarring is the least of your worries then, you lack so much confidence in yourself that even if one day your skin cleared away. You would still be the same person you are NOW. Your imperfect skin is just an excuse for you to give up on yourself. So we do not have perfect skin, but think about the positive attributes of yourself. I've seen guys that are ugly and they have a clear face dude, so they can't even have an excuse.

Guest Timehealsall

what if your naturally ugly and have scarring (moderate)?

:whistle:

Guest Timehealsall

what if your naturally ugly and have scarring (moderate)?

:whistle:

I kind of agree, I've seen some member's pics of their scarring and they are definitely making too big a deal out of it. There are even some people complaining where I don't even see scars! I want to knock some sense into these people.

But there is a limit to how much scarring one can have. If you have severe acne scaring then you're just not as desirable, that's just how the world works.

I understand where your coming from and your post enlightens me but I have to disagree with you on some aspects. I honestly think that we are our own enemies. I truly think it's alot easier for a guy to say things like this. Don't get me wrong, I believe that everyone being boy or girl go thru similar issues but for me being a girl, I think that we do have it worse.

I think it's much easier for a guy who has acne/acne scars to find a girl or go out on dates rather than it being the other way around. People are just more judgmental towards females because were supposed to have this certain look. The media and entertainment industry basically paint a picture of

this IT girl. I wish I could have even half the confidence that you have. In general, easier said than done.

I don't think anyone is "naturally ugly." I don't think everyone is beautiful, but everyone can be attractive- big nose, large forehead, weak chin- these don't make any one naturally ugly. Attractiveness is about style and confidence.

I agree that women are probably judged more harshly for their looks, but at least women can wear make up (I wear very little- I think my acne needs to breathe!). In high school, I thought having acne made me undatable. It was so great to meet all these confidence, attractive women with acne that have lovely boyfriends and husbands. I met a girl in Korea once who had pretty noticable cystic acne that was charming and flirtatious. I had a pretty noticeable break out in the fall-winter of 2006. I was also doing study abroad in London. I am by no means super attractive (note the blurry photo of me- I'm pretty average looking), but since I was in a new place, and I was leaving in January,* and open to new experiences, I found myself having no problem finding dates. (Going out at night in dark pubs probably helped my confidence but the men didn't seem to mind when we met during the day, either). I was not particularly stylish either, but I made a resolution to be flirtation and open minded. It was all about attitude.

*Perhaps these men wanted to date someone short term too.

Edited by Sooroo10

hey everyone, @franny, let me tell you something. I've met some attractive girls and the only thing that attracts me to them is basically their looks, most of them lack a real personality and they are just so FAKE. Their personality is just so ugly, it is such a waste when I think about it, but that is just a way to make everything fair and equal. I've met this one girl she doesn't have acne scarring but she is just still a 4/10, I am not a shallow guy but all my friends agreed that she is a 4/10. She just doesn't have any facial features or anything about her that is attractive, BUT she has a BOOMING personality, I really do like her for her personality, she is so confident and really outgoing and easy to talk to. I learned from that, that confidence is what makes a girl attractive. So say you do have imperfect skin, but you have a great personality and have confidence in yourself and can back it up. That toa guy is a big plus. That girl that was a 4/10 to me she went up to a 7 just because of her personality. For me, I'd like to think well I do not have perfect skin, but I am pretty tall for an asian guy, I'm 6 feet, and that is pretty tall for a viet guy haha. So when girls look at me I do not know what to feel confident or sad because they are checking me out or looking at the scars on my face. If I just dwell on the fact that they are just looking at my scars, then I will never have that confidence that I should and will have. Like I said before YOU are the one that judges YOU the most and in the HARSHEST way, you need to overcome yourself. If you are curious how I look you can check my post labeled "Is this considered severe acne scarring" you will know that my skin is far from perfect, yet I will still retain that confidence to boost me up on top of other guys ;)

I don't think anyone is "naturally ugly." I don't think everyone is beautiful, but everyone can be attractive- big nose, large forehead, weak chin- these don't make any one naturally ugly. Attractiveness is about style and confidence.

I agree that women are probably judged more harshly for their looks, but at least women can wear make up (I wear very little- I think my acne needs to breathe!). In high school, I thought having acne made me undatable. It was so great to meet all these confidence, attractive women with acne that have lovely boyfriends and husbands. I met a girl in Korea once who had pretty noticable cystic acne that was charming and flirtatious. I had a pretty noticeable break out in the fall-winter of 2006. I was also doing study abroad in London. I am by no means super attractive (note the blurry photo of me- I'm pretty average looking), but since I was in a new place, and I was leaving in January,* and open to new experiences, I found myself having no problem finding dates. (Going out at night in dark pubs probably helped my confidence but the men didn't seem to mind when we met during the day, either). I was not particularly stylish either, but I made a resolution to be flirtation and open minded. It was all about attitude.

*Perhaps these men wanted to date someone short term too.

i think this is getting less and less by the day. imo

but going back to the first post, ive posted my bad scars and everything here, this is the tinterwebs, alot different from being confident in the real world, so to speak.

hey everyone, @franny, let me tell you something. I've met some attractive girls and the only thing that attracts me to them is basically their looks, most of them lack a real personality and they are just so FAKE. Their personality is just so ugly, it is such a waste when I think about it, but that is just a way to make everything fair and equal. I've met this one girl she doesn't have acne scarring but she is just still a 4/10, I am not a shallow guy but all my friends agreed that she is a 4/10. She just doesn't have any facial features or anything about her that is attractive, BUT she has a BOOMING personality, I really do like her for her personality, she is so confident and really outgoing and easy to talk to. I learned from that, that confidence is what makes a girl attractive. So say you do have imperfect skin, but you have a great personality and have confidence in yourself and can back it up. That toa guy is a big plus. That girl that was a 4/10 to me she went up to a 7 just because of her personality. For me, I'd like to think well I do not have perfect skin, but I am pretty tall for an asian guy, I'm 6 feet, and that is pretty tall for a viet guy haha. So when girls look at me I do not know what to feel confident or sad because they are checking me out or looking at the scars on my face. If I just dwell on the fact that they are just looking at my scars, then I will never have that confidence that I should and will have. Like I said before YOU are the one that judges YOU the most and in the HARSHEST way, you need to overcome yourself. If you are curious how I look you can check my post labeled "Is this considered severe acne scarring" you will know that my skin is far from perfect, yet I will still retain that confidence to boost me up on top of other guys ;)

Hi Viet

Yeah I understand where you are coming from and I checked out your pictures. I really wish I had as much confidence as you. I notice though that reading through all these forums that its mainly GUYS who say that even though they have scars, they really don't care or try their best to shrug it off. I really have not seen ONE girl here who has alot of acne scarring and is confident with herself. Ive been reading all these threads on here for the past 6 months. If someone can show me a girl on here who is going through the same things that Im going through and she feels confident and good about herself, than I'll feel alot better.

You're good looking by the way regardless of your scars and plus you have all this self confidence. Good for you doode. Give me some of your optimism. ;)

Thanks for the kind words franny, I am sorry, but do you mind saying what exatly is it that you go through everyday ? I have seen and "talked" to many girls that have an imperfect face, and I was attracted to them despite that. Do you have a certain talent? If you do that is a big confident booster. In the very beginning, this bothered me so much when someone would tell me this. They thought I was good looking like I was tall, had a good build, broad shoulders and such, but they tell me if I have a clear face I would be like HOT and girls would swarm me. They say it jokinglg, but it still hurt. Even my guy friends acknowledged that I am like pretty good looking, but because I didn't have clear skin. I don't know what is the point of telling me that, I don't see how that is suppose to make me feel better. I was very self conscious and EMO. I learned to look past it and stand up for myself. I learned that confidence is what makes a person attractive either boy or girl. You can't change your facial structure, but acne scarring is not the end of the world. Think positive, I've dated many girls that my friends thought were unattractive, but I am dating her not my friends. Even though she was not the prettiest, her personality was just so fun to be around. Your beauty doesn't always mean that I want to be around you, its who you are and how to treat other people. Hang on there franny, you will meet that prince of yours soon enough. Have confidence in yourself :)

I understand where your coming from and your post enlightens me but I have to disagree with you on some aspects. I honestly think that we are our own enemies. I truly think it's alot easier for a guy to say things like this. Don't get me wrong, I believe that everyone being boy or girl go thru similar issues but for me being a girl, I think that we do have it worse.

I think it's much easier for a guy who has acne/acne scars to find a girl or go out on dates rather than it being the other way around. People are just more judgmental towards females because were supposed to have this certain look. The media and entertainment industry basically paint a picture of

this IT girl. I wish I could have even half the confidence that you have. In general, easier said than done.

Not to take away from what you said or your experiences, but I've always seen it the other way. Shallow guys will overlook acne if they're just trying to get with a girl, especially since they know it probably makes her less confident and thus easier to take advantage of. Guys who aren't shallow might find that girl's shyness cute and attractive, because that conforms to traditional gender roles.

On the other hand, guys with acne will often shut themselves down and not even give themselves a chance, and given how we're still a really old-fashioned culture when it comes to which of the sexes usually does the approaching, those guys will probably have a much harder time than girls in a similar situation.

Of course, I'm not commenting on who has it rougher, since you can be in relationship and be more than miserable than a lonely single person, but generally I've found that in terms of just being with someone guys with acne struggle more than girls. Again, your experiences may vary, that's just how I've seen it.