Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been coming to this site for some time and have been doing the regimen for over a year. I am a 37 year old woman and (used to) suffer from the most horrific hormonal acne that started at age 30 and got progressively worse with massive nodules, blood pustules that would last for months and even cysts. I tried everything. Almost literally, except for accutane, because the side effects freak me out - especially with such severe hormonal activity. I found this site while I was looking for just anything because I had been just feeling hopeless about my skin forever. I mulled it over for a long time because I thought it was too simple and didn't believe it could help with hormonal acne. I am now kicking myself repeatedly for being so wishy washy.

I took the dive and started using similar products with ho hum results and was really discouraged. I finally took the plunge and ordered some of Dan's BP, AHA and jojoba oil. It took me about 6 months of experimentation with cleansers and moisturizers but I have found my magic bullet and I couldn't be more grateful. Since I have aging (wrinkle :confused: ) concerns I knew I needed a good SPF and moisturizer too. It took 4 months for my skin to clear and I couldn't be happier. I have scarring but the AHA really helps along with a vitamin E mask every week or so. I am to the point where I only get maybe 1 pimple at that time of the month.

This is my regimen - a.m. and p.m. are the same except I use Shelter SPF in the morning over my moisturizer-

wash with philosophy purity

dry completely

apply eye cream

apply copious amounts of Dan's BP and let it dry completely - VERY IMPORTANT

moisturize with philosophy hope in a jar - hope in a jar is super moisturizing and has very mild exfoliation which I believe helps with clogged skin turn over and fine lines

Apply jojoba if feeling dry. Its amazing for the hair too.

I use Dan's AHA every 3rd or 4th day and once every week or two I pop open a vitamin E capsule and apply the liquid all over my face and keep it on overnight.

I take fish oil, biotin and zinc daily for the skin along with B6, B12 and magnesium which really help with, um, female monthly symptoms.

Don't get discouraged!! It takes time and you may have to experiment with products but it is worth it. I got totally discouraged but stuck with it. I had some drying skin and flaking but my skin adjusted to it and I like looking in the mirror again. I have read a lot of posts that talk about the time it takes to do the regimen, but it really doesn't take that long. 15 minutes tops and the results are worth every minute.

Sorry for the long post but I hope that maybe it could help someone. I know how devastating terrible acne can be. It feels so hopeless, regardless of age, and the added whammy of hormonal acne makes it so much worse.

I am a loyal customer now. I have used every high end and drugstore product out there and the Acne.org stuff is the best. I think there is magic in that BP tube and the pricing for everything is fantastic. They last for months!!

I also want to thank Dan for developing the line and sharing his experiences. This site has really helped me.

Edited by mrsmayers

Thank you for your post mrsmayers!

It is very encouraging to hear. I am suffering with hormonal acne on my back and I have been feeling VERY discouraged this past week. Had the tears and wanting to throw it all in! I was saying to my hubby that it wouldn't be so upsetting if I wasn't putting in so much hard work and following this damn routine like crazy!

Your post gives me back a little hope :)

Thanks again

Thank you for this! VERY ENCOURAGING. My hormonal acne is TERRIBLE, and I was wondering if the regimen would even be able to battle against it. This gives me hope! Thanks again!