Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OneHundredReasons

My log - I'm going to stop this time!!

So here I am once again after I told myself I wouldn't do it again, with about 6 new marks on my face because I just couldn't leave it alone. They weren't even bad, but now they are =(...

Can anyone help me stop picking?? I don't know what the heck is wrong with me, but I give up every time even though I know it's just going to look worse afterwards... I have to stop NOW! Not in a week, a month, two months, I need to stop today...

I keep telling myself it's okay, just this one, it'll look better afterwards, and then sometimes it does, but most of the time I just end up messing with it like mad and it looks horrible!

I'm hoping by keeping this log and posting every day I'll encourage myself to stop completely.

So, today:

Three small red marks on my cheeks that are slowly healing, and two large ones, one the worst of all on my jaw line that's red and angry and swollen. =(

Hopefully it'll look better tomorrow!

Oh goodie! I messed up again and it hasnt even been two days!

Messed with a few little ones on my forehead that werent even visible, and now my forehead has some descent red marks. The other marks are healing well though - the smaller ones have faded to almost nothing, and the tow larger ones are better, but still quite visible =/

Here we go again!

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

then start counting from beginning again, this way u will have ur progress in head constantly next time and u will try not dare break it more, because u will be afraid of losing it again.

also at first go for 21 days, its said after u hold out 21 days, habbit dies (im trying to achieve this myself right now, & i hope it works)

gloves. wear them. when u have to do something where u are not fully aware of ur hands and urself wear gloves bcz then when unconsciousnly ur hands will reach to face u will feel gloves instead of usual finger touch therfor ull become aware suddenly and will be more capable of stopping urselfz

(idk but this works for me pretty well so far)

good luuck!!

then start counting from beginning again, this way u will have ur progress in head constantly next time and u will try not dare break it more, because u will be afraid of losing it again.

also at first go for 21 days, its said after u hold out 21 days, habbit dies (im trying to achieve this myself right now, & i hope it works)

gloves. wear them. when u have to do something where u are not fully aware of ur hands and urself wear gloves bcz then when unconsciousnly ur hands will reach to face u will feel gloves instead of usual finger touch therfor ull become aware suddenly and will be more capable of stopping urselfz

(idk but this works for me pretty well so far)

good luuck!!

Hey!! thanks so much for your reply =)

I have started recounting, back to day 1! So far so good and they day is nearly over. I find being out of the house helps because I don't have access to mirrors then... I'm mostly clear now, its just when I get the occasional one or two spots that I mess with them and make them look horrible. I should go for 21 days shoundn't I? I think I'll try that then... Well, one down 20 to go! =D

It's just starting to become summer here so im not TOO keen on gloves, but if I keep struggling I'll try that tip!

Thanks again! (I like your sig btw)

There's nothing wrong with you! This is just a really really hard habit (addiction) to break. Keep moving ahead. That's what I'm doing now. I've decided to write about it and read other people's posts and not bury my head in the sand but face it. I'm hoping this approach helps. Then someday I'm going to forget about it hopefully. I think somehow the ability to forget will happen when I can find a good way to let out emotions and be at peace with less than perfect skin. I've been reading alot of posts about people hoping that by not picking, their acne will magically go away but I'm not sure that will happen.

Best we can do is help each other feel better...and maybe someday we can feel okay without the support...but that's too hard in the beginning I think. My friend overcame her addiction to alcohol and has been sober for 15 years. I think I'm going to try an AA approach to picking...

There's nothing wrong with you! This is just a really really hard habit (addiction) to break. Keep moving ahead. That's what I'm doing now. I've decided to write about it and read other people's posts and not bury my head in the sand but face it. I'm hoping this approach helps. Then someday I'm going to forget about it hopefully. I think somehow the ability to forget will happen when I can find a good way to let out emotions and be at peace with less than perfect skin. I've been reading alot of posts about people hoping that by not picking, their acne will magically go away but I'm not sure that will happen.

Best we can do is help each other feel better...and maybe someday we can feel okay without the support...but that's too hard in the beginning I think. My friend overcame her addiction to alcohol and has been sober for 15 years. I think I'm going to try an AA approach to picking...

Ah thank you for your post! =)

I've really been struggling with it lately - I have CSP disorder... (Compulsive Skin Picking). I developed it a little over a year ago, and am determined to quit before January when my long distance boyfriend comes. After finally telling him about my problem, I feel much more motivated, and it helps having someone to talk to about it and who can ask me every day, "How is it today?" and remind me. Being more conscious of it really helps, and I'm feeling much more confident now. I started again three days ago, and so far so good.

You're right - I don't think stopping picking will completely clear my skin, but my acne is really mild so if I can learn to live with it, and stop being such a perfectionist, and letting stress get the better of me, my skin will look pretty good!

I also started taking vitex (chasteberry) extract today, which I'm hoping will regulate my hormones and help with my acne which is hormonal. If I have less spots, I'll obviously have less to pick at, lol

I've also found that completely avoiding chocolate and most other dairy really helps too, as well as cutting down on sugar.

Taking an AA approach might be a good idea - that's what I'm doing by counting down the days. I'm not aiming for a specific number of days really, but just aim to be confident that I have really stopped by january, which I now feel like I can! =D

I usually start messing with my skin when I feel stressed or down, and I went through a patch like that today, but got through it without damage, which I'm really really happy about!

Anyway, GOOD LUCK! And thank you for your support. I'll be reading your log if you have one!