Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dontwantacne

Dontwantacne's Primal Log

I've been paleo/primal for about a month now and i want to start keeping track of my progress. I'm going to log my diet and other lifestyle habits such as exercise, sun exposure, sleep, etc.. My acne defintanly has gotten better but i stumbled alittle due to a couple of days cheating so im trying to get back on track. Log back in tomorrow.

Edited by dontwantacne

Day 2

My skin looks likes is finally starting to heal from all the days of cheating! Today i just had coconut yogurt in the morning. I got around 8 hours of sleep which is what I'm aiming to get every night. Walked around alot between classes during school which is good and also played basketball during gym.

Lunch was pretty simple as well, I had a salad with salmon, onions, carrots dressed with olive oil. Plenty of water as well. I had a stew which consisted of beef(grass fed), carrots, tomatoes, potatoes and caulifower. I snacked alittle with 85% cacao and almonds.

I just finished a workout of pushups, over head presses, planks, squats, and pull ups. I also walked for a quarter mile. As for the sun exposure, I didn't really get any due to the fact that I live in New York and its raining. Also its going to be winter here so its going to be difficult, I'm going to have to start looking into a good Vitamin D supplement. Any ideas?

Interesting, can't wait to hear some of your progress! I'm starting a primal diet as well, not really for acne but just for general health because I've still been having some digestive problems, as well as energy issues. I'm not going to be 100% restrictive though, as I'll still consume small to moderate amounts of the "bad" foods every now and then.

I really like this diet and I feel overall alot better. Also I was dealing with digestive problems and now I barely get diarhrea anymore. Only when I cheat.

Day 5

Diet: Morning i had a shake(almond milk, blueberry coconut yogurt, and natural whey protein). Lunch I had mixed veggies with some sausage and peppers. Of course plenty of water. Tonight I had some petite sirloin grass fed with some eggs, bacon and broccoli. Yes, I know I'm fat.

Other lifestyle habits: Walked a lot during school like always. Today i sprinted barefoot on grass. 5 sets of 30 meter sprint, 10 push ups, and lunges 30 meters back. It was finally sunny out so i got at least 30 minutes of sun while doing my workout. This weekend I'm going to Rhode Island and its suppose to be beautiful out so I'm hoping to get some Vitamin D! Slept from 10pm- 6am since it was school night.

Topically: All I'm doing is washing with a tea tree cleanser.