Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
listern

Strength Training and Moderate Acne

I had very light acne then I started strength training, and now its getting to be moderate/heavy, is there any tips other people that do HEAVY workouts to prevent my skin from breaking out REALLLY bad?

Has anyone had this problem?

You have two topics about this already. I merged the other two in the Acne.org regimen forum. This one is a better fit for nutrition and holistic health. Your diet's the most likely culprit, as you were told in one of your other threads.

Strength training & weight lifting increases your testosterone levels. Want to suppress your testosterone? Go play on an elliptical machine an an hour a day every day of the week.

Edited by Mirrfiak

For me it doesn't seem to have an effect. Do not stop working out man.

The most training has done to my face is broken blood vessels from deadlifting.

Strength training & weight lifting increases your testosterone levels. Want to suppress your testosterone? Go play on an elliptical machine an an hour a day every day of the week.

How is that supposed to work exactly???

Edited by lovelost

How is that supposed to work exactly???

Elliptical machines provide an aerobic exercise. When you do too much (an hour, generally) of an aerobic exercise, you will start burning protein instead of fat. As your muscle mass begins to shrink as a result of your body burning protein from your muscles, your metabolic rate will start to drop along with your testosterone levels.

Edited by Mirrfiak