Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Demigod

mild or what? i dont know the classifications

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...album&album=188

is this mild acne?

i havent ever been to a dermatologist, and im wondering if i should

note pictures taken today, a good skin day, quite a bit of overall improvement (actually a lot of enhanced general appearance)

really just wondering if i should inquire about acuten or whatever its called, scared of the whole lips peeling and stuff though, sounds gross

i would say its closer to moderate... you're lucky to have nice skin under the acne.

your skin looks similar to the before/after photos of the girl on skintactix.com... you might wanna try one of their kits.

Really Moderate? Looks quite mild to me. Either way you should see a derm and get some help. Try some topicals and/or antibiotics before you jump right into accutane. Your acne doesn't look bad to me at all but maybe I am just trying to make myself feel better. If that is moderate then mine was extremely severe (lol).

I would say mild flirting with moderate, it looks like most of that stuff is red marks.

thanks

i think ill give it 7 days (school starts) and if i dont see good improvement then ill see a derma

by the way, i just woke up on my 3rd day and im seeing quite a bit of improvement already

my advice would be to goto the doc, get anti-biotics and do the regiem at the same time.

i had quite similar acne to yours, and the combination of anti-biotics and BP has cleared me to only having 2 active spots left biggrin.gif

I would goto the derma, but from looking at my before and 10 days into the regimen photos I think im going to give it more time.

I think that my cheeks have actually gone down 1 classification over these 10 days.

Please tell me what you think, either by commenting on the pictures or here, comments make me very happy, I like my achievements to be noticed I guess, and though it may seem cheesy it really does make me more confident.

Improvement? Gallery

I have about that many pimples on my entire back, and 1/20th that amount of acne on my face, and my dermatologist said I had "moderate acne". Go figure.

i dont liek the terms

moderate

mild

could mean so many things, moderate could be just before extreme, so really bad, or it could be average

mild would be like either all but clear or it could mean just a bit under moderate, which would be pretty bad

i like these words:

really bad

bad

not that bad

pretty good

very good

clear

Heh, it's almost as lame as the way they measure the spiciness of salsa. "Hot, Medium, Mild.."

yup

and it turns out mild salsa is just a funky "fake salsa" flavor

medium salsa they put some sort of spices in

and hot is a burning sensation only, with no actual flavor except "bad" or "erkk"

As for your question about whether or not to see a dermatologist? I wouldn't recommend it unless it's 100% covered by your insurance, and I'm talking both appointment, and cost of any prescriptions he might give you.

Because chances are, a dermatologist is just gonna give you some cream to rub on your face that has the same stuff in it that all OTC products have.

Plus, your family doctor can give you the same stuff.

the before pics where on a "good" skin day, and i would call my recent 10 day improvement pics "mild", thing is, i just broke out pretty bad not on my cheeks but a few near my temples or whatever, one or two forehead, and several under my jaw, sucks